Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Until shown otherwise, the Bluecoats are the Corps to beat this summer. They are the front runner. Not the Blue Devils. I have not seen the Blue Devils, but hope to catch them on Flo for the 1st time tonite. Musically, the Bluecoats are playing music that I can really get into. Its has a great groove. The attire is far better to me than last season's, and the visuals intriguing. The percussion writing is out of this world too, and the Guard is 1st rate. They have no noticeable weaknesses in any sections, nor even in their show design, imo. Its the whole package, and they will be tough to beat, imo once the early season dirt is cleaned up, and the show tweaked here and there. I think at the moment they have a great chance to repeat.. not an easy thing to do if you are not the Blue Devils these days now.

I have seen the Blue Devils and while your assessment of the Bluecoats is spot on, the Blue Devils brass line -- trumpets specifically -- might be the best ever.  They sound like studio professionals.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I have seen the Blue Devils and while your assessment of the Bluecoats is spot on, the Blue Devils brass line -- trumpets specifically -- might be the best ever.  They sound like studio professionals.

I think they are going to dominate the brass caption... There are parts of the show that are absolutely jaw dropping.

But I have to say, from what I have seen (only on video)... the BD 'show' seems somewhat...

cranky... grumpy to me.  I can't explain it any other way.  It just seems to beat the audience over the head with a fist-gripped cane... screaming "McFly!"

Really forward and aggressive.

I don't know how that translates into a competitive score with the Bluecoats show that seems more like a party.

• Like 4

Nd73Fk6.jpg

• Like 4

v2IAJrL.jpg

Rachel Spencer (closer duet)

• Like 5

Xdh4uZM.jpg

Alan Hester aka "Leonardo"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, superOOk said:

v2IAJrL.jpg

Rachel Spencer (closer duet)

It was Rachel's birthday yesterday ... the dreaded age out birthday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Xdh4uZM.jpg

Alan Hester aka "Leonardo"

I didn't know Walter White was a Bluecoat!