Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

4 hours ago, superOOk said:

Also, it is apparent that some corps (ahem) have been way over-hyped. 

Watch your tongue.  Its a work in progress.  That brassline hasnt been over hyped at all.  SCV and Crown though...yeah I agree to an extent.  Honestly Id say Bloo has been overhyped to an extent as well.  Brass isnt quite where I want them yet, the difficulty is still slightly down, percussion isnt as good as it was last year  (for me either).   Visual program though...not overhyped at all, they book it like crazy.

The only thing I know for sure is that no matter what happens Prosperie will have Bloo first in percussion in finals:ph34r: (If hes judging.)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Watch your tongue.  Its a work in progress.  That brassline hasnt been over hyped at all.  SCV and Crown though...yeah I agree to an extent.  Honestly Id say Bloo has been overhyped to an extent as well.  Brass isnt quite where I want them yet, the difficulty is still slightly down, percussion isnt as good as it was last year  (for me either).   Visual program though...not overhyped at all, they book it like crazy.

The only thing I know for sure is that no matter what happens Prosperie will have Bloo first in percussion in finals:ph34r: (If hes judging.)

And if he does they will have earned it.  There are few judges I trust as much as him.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

And if he does they will have earned it.  There are few judges I trust as much as him.  

Not trying to start a riot here (just having a little fun).  The last two years now hes the only judge to put Bluecoats percussion at championships.

Edited by BoaDci

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Not trying to start a riot here (just having a little fun).  

You came to the right thread for fun ... Bloo is all about fun!

• Like 5

What IS the deal with the euph solo in the 2nd chart?  Both at the first show and Massilon, it's been just God-Awful....intonation issues from Hell.

it's not like he can;t play at all -- he wouldn't be in a corps at the top if he couldn't, let alone getting a solo -- but what I heard sounds like a newish open class soloist.

Makes me wonder if it's an instrument issue....

57 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

What IS the deal with the euph solo in the 2nd chart?  Both at the first show and Massilon, it's been just God-Awful....intonation issues from Hell.

it's not like he can;t play at all -- he wouldn't be in a corps at the top if he couldn't, let alone getting a solo -- but what I heard sounds like a newish open class soloist.

Nerves can be killer sometimes. I know I'd be thrilled/terrified if I was a soloist. 

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

It absolutely is.  A simple trombone or marching euph solo would fix it...

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

From what I have heard and seen (in this thread, I think) that has been addressed and will be performed under different circumstances soon.

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

It absolutely is.  A simple trombone or marching euph solo would fix it...

I think it was demonstrated earlier that this is exactly what they are going to try.

EDIT:

Apparently the solo was performed down an octave this evening... and it was an improvement.  Still might be some issues to work out.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 4