Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Patience my Bloo friends. Upgrades have already been in the works for a month now. Bloo is ahead of everyone in design schedule, they are already putting in final pieces this week and you can surely believe that this corps, the most individually talented ever for Bloo, will be clean come Indy.

In the words of Cole: "I'm dropping the hammer"

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’m curious as to whats left for this show as it seems so complete. I’m sure they have something in the tank other than just a new ending, I hope

Bob Fosse had so many legendary moves, so expect more dance moves. Bob Fosse's choreography is known for being deceptively complex. On the surface, it looks simple and minimalist, but it's actually incredibly difficult to master all his subtle nuances. What the MM's are doing is incredible. I tip my bowler hat to them.

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 6

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FINALS TO HAVE MY FACE PEELED OFF IN SECTION 138!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

I really enjoy this entire show more than last year (especially music), but I'm worried for Bloo's chances at a repeat if they don't start really cleaning. They can't afford to be visually dirty or musically loose like last year because their GE buffer is going to be a lot smaller if they can maintain it's momentum now. 

I agree. But the same can be said for the other three too, although I think BD will bring their A game in every caption. It's going to be a fun ride.

48 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

curious: How loud is Indy? I was a bit let down with the big stadium (outdoor) in Minnie - Blue sounded louder in the smaller college stadiums on the Minnesota swing.

Are you close to the field in indy? That was the main thing about TCF Bank Stadium at the  U of Minn - being up in the club, I think we were further away than in the small venues -- 

59 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Section 141, top row for me. I think it is the perfect union of visual and audio balance. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Polonius said:

curious: How loud is Indy? I was a bit let down with the big stadium (outdoor) in Minnie - Blue sounded louder in the smaller college stadiums on the Minnesota swing.

Are you close to the field in indy? That was the main thing about TCF Bank Stadium at the  U of Minn - being up in the club, I think we were further away than in the small venues -- 

It can be very loud, depending on your section. Personally, the loudest stadium I've been in the stands for was PPL Park in Chester, PA. It gets to nearly painful levels there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

I really enjoy this entire show more than last year (especially music), but I'm worried for Bloo's chances at a repeat if they don't start really cleaning. They can't afford to be visually dirty or musically loose like last year because their GE buffer is going to be a lot smaller if they can maintain it's momentum now. 

I think the show is better constructed this year and will be cleaner. You just can't clean coming down slides and all the running around they did last year. This show is constructed much more like a championship show than last year. I think they repeat. SCV is good but I don't think the design holds out, Crown is a super performing corps this year but surprised they're still scoring that high with that design (worse Crown show ever), and BD still has too many visual gaps for my taste. I think Bloo is firing on all cylinders IMO. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Polonius said:

I am fortunate enough to be in PA and able to attend the show in Chester, Pa. That stadium is kind of like the field @ Paul Brown Tiger stadium for the Bluecoats with an overhang above the seating area!! In this neck of the wooods it's an outstanding venue for loud and in your face big boy drum corps horn hits. :)

Edited by Prtzdle
  • Like 3

Thoughts on this year's show:

Great music. Really, really wonderful treatments of all of the source material. My two cents on the ballad are that I love it, and that anyone who doesn't should listen to the original source music; all of their "questionable" decisions are in service of providing the distorted effect of the original music. 

Thematically, I'm struggling to "get" the show. "Jagged Line" doesn't really show up except for the prop and a few drill moments that happen to line up with the prop. I feel like they're not buying into the "simple theme" concept like they did with Tilt, where they threw "tilt" into every aspect of the show. I also don't get the corner field tarps; why are they there? I have similar thoughts regarding the bowler hats and neon guard implements; I'm just failing to see any particular rationale behind some of the design decisions. 

• Like 1