Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

First night with all the new changes. Blue Devils were definitely cleaner than us, of course, but that will certainly change in the next 3 weeks!

Bloo was the crowd favorite last night, Denver went bonkers!

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

First night with all the new changes. Blue Devils were definitely cleaner than us, of course, but that will certainly change in the next 3 weeks!

I just love the Bluecoats kids' reaction when they complete the show. The looks on their faces is just so emotional to me. It chokes me up. That's what it's all about right there!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, superOOk said:

You're correct. The cleaning will help tremendously. 

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks the season is over after one performance in mid July just hasn't been around the activity very long.  Boo has a great design and great talent.  Time to clean! In the meantime, lots to feel good about again this season. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I just love the Bluecoats kids' reaction when they complete the show. The looks on their faces is just so emotional to me. It chokes me up. That's what it's all about right there!

I said that last night, Mike.  It's exhilarating to see it in person.  The joy of performing!  In your face! 

• Like 3

Congratulations to the Bloo percussion for winning 1st overall last night! I still think things will shuffle around a bit more with overall scores but wherever they place in the end, I think this show is a most worthy follow-up to last years tour de force championship season. Personally, I like this year better in most ways (Zappa!), and BD less (as an old timer, I get most of the references, they just don't do much for me at this point), but they execute like pros and earned a win last night. The only technical critique of Bloo that I'll mention here is the hocket sections at the beginning and end of the opener (I know the staff is on this) - incredible timing demand there that I've only heard totally locked in on 1 or 2 videos of practice runs (not so great last night). Those passages remind me of the Tuba feature from '15 that took almost the whole season to get consistently locked in, but when it did was super tasty. It's so prominent this year that it has to be nailed or else it could negatively effect initial impressions of the music program. It is so cool when they nail it though. Go Bloo!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, superOOk said:

Yes. The crowd for Bloo was electric. Evemoreso than for a great BD show.  A lot of changes that I thought add a bigger punch than the post spring training camp version.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Yes. The crowd for Bloo was electric. Evemoreso than for a great BD show.  A lot of changes that I thought add a bigger punch than the post spring training camp version.  

What are the odds of a new ending? If the follow the leader drill is seen as not advantageous to scoring (may not be the case), would they consider a new ending?

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

So Cadets could perform ninth?!

14 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

If I am correct about the draw in groups of 3, yes Cadets could be 9th. 

Official draw has Cadets in the 7th spot, Cavs in 6th, Bloo in 5th, followed by BAC, Crown, SCV, and BD.