Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

1 hour ago, ohwiseone said:

So I saw the show Tuesday night at the TOC Broken Arrow show (Which was awesome, I hope they do one there again). 

This show is an absolute monster. Just completely insane, in the best way possible. I am hopeful they don't change the ending because the Psychopop reprise at the end is pure joy. Between that unison statement on the 50 (I was sitting second row on the 45, and I was just about blasted out of my seat), and the #### contras running full speed down that ramp the ending is just awesome. 

But more than that, you can tell the kids and having fun and the show is just a joy. The ballad and the Prelude work really well in person than on stream. Plus the new effects work really well, during the solos. 

The whole show is great. This is a medalist show, its my favorite show of the year. 

Whatever they are doing in Canton, they need to keep doing it. 

Agreed.  That reprise is pure joy.  My single favorite musical moment this year.

• Like 5

If you're looking for tickets to the Houston show Bluecoats are offering four tickets for the Houston show. For $100.00 donation you get $160.00 worth of seats. 100% of your donation goes to the Bluecoats. It's a great deal. They're also offering individual tickets for a $30.00 donation to the Bluecoats. It's on their FB page. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, B-Flat said:

First off, I think the MM are doing a fantastic job with this show and are proving that no one can run, jump, and dance better than the Bluecoats.  With that said, I watched Bloo's show a few more times and noticed that the hornline does not play for more than three minutes of the show.  Plus given all the solo's, it got me wondering if they are scoring lower due to this lack of playing.

-Thoughts?

They're playing plenty. It's the quality of playing thats keeping them down. Gotta get clean!

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Three minutes?  :spitting:  This must be that "new math" the young'uns are talking about...

Well, time does seem to fly with this show ...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

They're playing plenty. It's the quality of playing thats keeping them down. Gotta get clean!

Although at Broken Arrow they were third in brass, only .2 from BD for second. But yes, they still need to clean, as does everyone. 

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

LOL the brass is playing for more than three minutes...........I would bet my life on it.  

I think the post you are referring to had stated that there are more than 3 minutes when the horn line is NOT playing (not that they only played for three minutes).  For me, even if they played every second of the allotted time, I'd still want more!

Just now, mrk said:

I think the post you are referring to had stated that there are more than 3 minutes when the horn line is NOT playing (not that they only played for three minutes).  For me, even if they played every second of the allotted time, I'd still want more!

DOH.  I read it backwards.  Thanks for pointing that out.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrk said:

Ahhh, I see it now. But this phenomenon of horns not playing for three minutes or more of a show is not too uncommon. But when you add a full blown drum feature, it highlights the issue.  I'll take the drum feature ... it is both a throwback and forward looking at the same time ... and really cool.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4