Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

That's my point. If other corps had a program so unclear, they'd get destroyed in GE. Judging is horribly inconsistent. I'm a Cadet homer but very agitated that Bloo is getting the shaft as I think they are. 

But is it unclear in execution? I say no. It's unclear in its intent, and this is where I separate from the DCI scoring philosophy. Corps should be rewarded for what actually gets communicated, not how intricately and precisely they do it.

When I worked in advertising, my creative director had what he called a Little Man test. If the idea required a little man to sit on your shoulder to explain it, it wasn't a good idea. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

But is it unclear in execution? I say no. It's unclear in its intent, and this is where I separate from the DCI scoring philosophy. Corps should be rewarded for what actually gets communicated, not how intricately and precisely they do it.

When I worked in advertising, my creative director had what he called a Little Man test. If the idea required a little man to sit on your shoulder to explain it, it wasn't a good idea. 

I think I need a couple of little men...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm terribly confused by the second half.  They're really marching well, though. 

Stance on singing aside, the immediate transition from kind/loving vibe in For Good to aggressive/angry in NO one To kNOW one is what I struggle with understanding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Stance on singing aside, the immediate transition from kind/loving vibe in For Good to aggressive/angry in NO one To kNOW one is what I struggle with understanding. 

It's like a drum corps show in peri menopause...not that I know anything about that...:laughing:

• Like 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

It's like a drum corps show in peri menopause...not that I know anything about that...:laughing:

I accidentally yelled "I KNOW YOU!" at my wife the other day when we were discussing each others personality traits/habits. Thanks Crown. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

I accidentally yelled "I KNOW YOU!" at my wife the other day when we were discussing each others personality traits/habits. Thanks Crown. 

Couples that reference shows together mid convo stay together 

• Like 3

Do the Bluecoats sell the bowler hat at their booth? I'd love to wear one at Finals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

They were out when I tried to get one.  

:'(

Nooooooooooooooooo!

or should I say "Blooooooooooooooooooo!"

I was at Bloo's ensemble rehearsal tonight in Newark, OH. The staff made some subtle changes to the ballad and the magic I experienced in Spring Training is back! I am cautiously optimistic when I say I think it is fixed!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 9