Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

What happened to their percussion scores?

Mike, to me the implication of your remark was that Bloo's percussion scores had been slipping recently. However, it appears that in fact they have continued to generally increase over the last 2 weeks.

0n 07-22 in San Antonio, both Dunn and Griffin had Bloo @ 17.50 (89-86 and 89-86 respectively);

On 07-30 in W-Salem, Furnari had them @ 18.50 and Ausdemore scored Bloo @ 17.90 (94-91 and 91-88);

On 07-31 in Dublin, Davila scored 18.10 (92-89);

On 08-03 in Chester, Prosperie scored 18.35 (92.5-91);

On 08-04 in Allentown, Howarth had them @ 18.50 and Prosperie scored them 18.70 (93-92 and 93-94).

Mike, if I missed the specific intent of your comment, please clarify it for me. Thanks.

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The judge that had Cadets over Bluecoats in GE needs to retire. What a total joke!

Mike, I do not understand this comment. No GE judge had Cadets score higher than Bloo during the DCI Eastern Classic.

Bloo appeared in Allentown on 08-04 and Cadets on 08-05. The GE panels each night consisted of the same 4 judges, Chumley, Kelly, Hestin and Davis.

Chumley split his responsibilities between GE 1 and GE 2; Kelly had GE Visual responsibilities each night; Hestin had GE Music responsibilities on 08-04 and GE Visual on 08-05; Davis had GE 2 responsibilities each night

Both Kelly and Davis scored Bloo above Cadets. Both Chumley and Hestin scored Bloo above Cadets.

To which judge were you referring?

28 minutes ago, 1956OPR said:

Mike, I do not understand this comment. No GE judge had Cadets score higher than Bloo during the DCI Eastern Classic.

Bloo appeared in Allentown on 08-04 and Cadets on 08-05. The GE panels each night consisted of the same 4 judges, Chumley, Kelly, Hestin and Davis.

Chumley split his responsibilities between GE 1 and GE 2; Kelly had GE Visual responsibilities each night; Hestin had GE Music responsibilities on 08-04 and GE Visual on 08-05; Davis had GE 2 responsibilities each night

Both Kelly and Davis scored Bloo above Cadets. Both Chumley and Hestin scored Bloo above Cadets.

To which judge were you referring?

The list order of GE  judges on the sheets are different between Friday and Saturday. Maybe that's why.

1 minute ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Does anyone know when ensemble starts today?

3:30 - 4:45

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1956OPR said:

Mike, to me the implication of your remark was that Bloo's percussion scores had been slipping recently. However, it appears that in fact they have continued to generally increase over the last 2 weeks.

0n 07-22 in San Antonio, both Dunn and Griffin had Bloo @ 17.50 (89-86 and 89-86 respectively);

On 07-30 in W-Salem, Furnari had them @ 18.50 and Ausdemore scored Bloo @ 17.90 (94-91 and 91-88);

On 07-31 in Dublin, Davila scored 18.10 (92-89);

On 08-03 in Chester, Prosperie scored 18.35 (92.5-91);

On 08-04 in Allentown, Howarth had them @ 18.50 and Prosperie scored them 18.70 (93-92 and 93-94).

Mike, if I missed the specific intent of your comment, please clarify it for me. Thanks.

I would speculate that he is referring to ordinals and not raw scores. They have begun to slip in percussion caption placements over the past week. Even being bested by Crown twice. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Does anyone know when ensemble starts today?

Also, rehearsal is at Glenwood Middle School. Not Massillon.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:37 PM, Jim Schehr said:

I said the very same thing to Terri when we were out talking our daily walk. It's a character interpretation never designed to be unison as an ensemble. Fosse never designed choreography to be performed synchronized. 

It was bothering me that a top corps like Bluecoats was having such a difficult time "cleaning" parts of their show and then....

I was watching a HD video of Bloo's show last night and it finally hit me, along with Jim Schehr's insightful observation, that he is absolutely correct!  All this time, I thought the opening choreography (and other parts) were "dirty" because at times they looked out of sync.  But if you watch a HD video, it looks like that they are completely in sync when they are supposed to be, and other moments, they are performing individually on purpose.  I just never noticed it before and I always thought they just couldn't dance in sync together.

Anyway, I personally might prefer if everything was always in sync together, but at least now I recognize this is a design decision.

• Like 6