Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

One big one: the amount of characterization the entire corps is counted on to display at every moment of the show.  Never been done.  

Seeing it up close, there are some ridiculous environmental demands that most will never understand.

Tough to follow up a truly ground breaking show like Down Side Up, and have people think it is ground breaking.

• Like 2

Bluecoats is changing drum corps, and really changing all of band. Maybe it's not all our cups of tea, and it surely isn't what the judges all deem as the pentultimate of the activity. But right now, I would dare say that there are two corps that are changing the destinations of kids all throughout this activity, and that's Bluecoats and Boston. 

Going forward, if these two corps can retain their staffs and marching members, the top half of the activity is going to change for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Bluecoats is changing drum corps, and really changing all of band. Maybe it's not all our cups of tea, and it surely isn't what the judges all deem as the pentultimate of the activity. But right now, I would dare say that there are two corps that are changing the destinations of kids all throughout this activity, and that's Bluecoats and Boston. 

Going forward, if these two corps can retain their staffs and marching members, the top half of the activity is going to change for a long time.

Correction - Bluecoats WERE changing drum corps. From 2014 - 2016 they were the most innovative corps out there, and it shows with how the crowd has followed the Bluecoats this season. However, the 2017 show is in no way innovative. The show structure is too similar to 2016. I still love this 2017 show. It is so good and so fun, and it's my favorite ballad of the season - just beautiful. It's hard to follow up a championship year. You don't want to drift too far from the winning formula, but you want to do something new. Bluecoats in 2017 did neither. That's ok. It's a great formula. I think the 2017 show design is definitely championship caliber, but the corps is just not executing it to that level.

Edited by henry7184

I am going to venture to say this is probably the fan favorite of the year.  

Hoping the Bluecoats bring the house down tonight and stay ahead of the Cavaliers

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

At this point lets just sit back and enjoy this thing and them performing the crap outta it.  I don't care about scores anymore.  I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy that closer as they get a standing ovation for about 30 seconds again.  

:)

This activity becomes a whole lot more enjoyable when you do just that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

This activity becomes a whole lot more enjoyable when you do just that!

Oh I've been doing it for years now.  

I enjoy following the scores and stuff but after 2014 I felt like I let that part of it eat me up a little bit too much so I just said screw it I'll enjoy everyone.  

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh I've been doing it for years now.  

I enjoy following the scores and stuff but after 2014 I felt like I let that part of it eat me up a little bit too much so I just said screw it I'll enjoy everyone.  

As we all could! 

• Like 2

how the hell did they just get 5th

• Like 1

Hold your heads high Blooooo ...You were the crowd favorites all year and yours is the show I will wear out on my BluRay.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 7