Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Bloo is the favorite of the year for myself, my mom, and my husband and we never agree on favorite shows.  

This was a fantastic show that had everyone grooving in their seat at the same time.  I honestly don't know how it took 5th.

Come back stronger than ever next year Bloo.

• Like 7

i scared my little 2 year old cousin because bumped into a bad bruise i got on my leg earlier but i was so triggered by the scores instead of just saying ow to stay nice and happy for him i screamed out 15% pain and 8500% anger cause im SOOOOO TRIGGERED AHHHHH (this is my first season watching drum corps, I'm sure I'll mature more as a fan about these scores don't worry, but for now I'm triggered) i also made a mess so now i have to clean that up as well

• Like 1

I've been a diehard fan my whole time as a fan of this activity and tonight didn't change a single thing.  When they hit that Psychopomp reprise and the crowd erupted, that's why I love this corps.  1st or 5th.  They keep giving me those moments that make me come back for more.  Every.  Single.  Year.  2018 is right around the corner and I CANNOT wait to see what is in store!  

Congratulations to the Cavaliers this year, I loved both corps so as much as it stings a little for me as a Bluecoats fan, it's awesome to see that corps on its way back up!  

• Like 6

A great show Bluecoats!!! Don't let anyone tell you differently.

• Like 2

Hopefully this will be a wake up call and they can go back to actual uniforms and toning down the amplification 

Edited by 32RH

Hopefully this will wake up the energy that brought Crown from OOTW to Inferno, and tell them that their show design style is maybe a little tired. Definitely loved this show, but I hope the score will motivate them to an even better show next year 

Edited by IntercalaryTurtle
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, 32RH said:

Hopefully this will be a wake up call and they can go back to actual uniforms and toning down the amplification 

Neither of those things had anything to do with finishing fifth. It was a troubled second act, and rather one dimensional guard book compared to the corps that finished ahead of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Neither of those things had anything to do with finishing fifth. It was a troubled second act, and rather one dimensional guard book compared to the corps that finished ahead of them.

True, but I'm still hoping that these things will change 

Looking at the recap it appears that in the end what really brought the Cavaliers ahead of the Bluecoats was percussion score.  

The Bluecoats have done excellent in percussion for a number of years and I tend to agree with and trust the percussion caption judges more than any other caption. 

When I was in Massillon I noticed some phasing in the front ensemble. Looking at their staging it's no wonder why.  It was a cool visual effect for the jagged line but there is a reason why the front ensemble is always upfront and together. They were too spread out and it caused phasing issues.