Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

3 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Looking at the recap it appears that in the end what really brought the Cavaliers ahead of the Bluecoats was percussion score.  

The Bluecoats have done excellent in percussion for a number of years and I tend to agree with and trust the percussion caption judges more than any other caption. 

When I was in Massillon I noticed some phasing in the front ensemble. Looking at their staging it's no wonder why.  It was a cool visual effect for the jagged line but there is a reason why the front ensemble is always upfront and together. They were too spread out and it caused phasing issues.

Not so.  The spread in percussion was actuallly titled in Bluecoats favor on the finals recap.  They were closer to Cavies on Saturday than on Friday.   

• Like 1

From what I can tell, Cavies jumped in VA and Bloo didn't and that tilted (no pun intended) the balance in Cavies favor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Looking at the recap it appears that in the end what really brought the Cavaliers ahead of the Bluecoats was percussion score.  

The Bluecoats have done excellent in percussion for a number of years and I tend to agree with and trust the percussion caption judges more than any other caption. 

When I was in Massillon I noticed some phasing in the front ensemble. Looking at their staging it's no wonder why.  It was a cool visual effect for the jagged line but there is a reason why the front ensemble is always upfront and together. They were too spread out and it caused phasing issues.

The judges mentioned no phasing with front ensemble, but did mention many times how great they did with the environmental challenges. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

The spread in percussion was actuallly titled in Bluecoats favor ..   

Unintended double entendre here, methinks.. (.. haha)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Not so.  The spread in percussion was actuallly titled in Bluecoats favor on the finals recap.  They were closer to Cavies on Saturday than on Friday.   

It's hard to break down a <.05 difference. The largest gap of the scores that were Cavaliers over Bluecoats was the percussion. Not to take away from the  Cavaliers...their percussion was very good this year.  I was just trying to give insight as to why the Bluecoats weren't one of the top dogs in percussion this year. The front ensemble staging would be a season long issue. I am saying that if Bloo scored .05 higher in percussion (or any caption)they would have had 4th

On 8/8/2017 at 8:40 PM, superOOk said:

BhzLP24.jpg

PC: Paige Meisenheimer

To quote a 2nd year blue banger on his facebook today:

For anyone still complaining about the fact that we haven't worn the traditional "blue coats" since 2015, I'd like to reiterate something that Sean Thueson said and couldn't have said any better. We are where we come from, not what we wear. We were named in honor of the Canton police and we will remain that way until the very end. Six words.

• Like 9

On 8/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, oldbandguy said:

Just a reminder....this show has already broken 95!!!  I repeat 95!!! Thank you Bluecoats for yet another year of AWESOMENESS!!!

It's quite interesting how Bluecoats expectations have changed over the years.

There was a time when Top 5 corps were viewed with awe by BC members.

Fast forward to 2017, when a 5th place finish and score of 95 is met with disappointment by many.

I suppose this is an indication that BC have become one of the "Big Boys" that we once aspired to become.

Congratulations to the Bluecoats members/staff/designers for taking the BC to consistent Top 5 finishes.

• Like 5

Great show... Great year. Not much more to say than that.

• Like 9