Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

19 minutes ago, 90svet said:

It's quite interesting how Bluecoats expectations have changed over the years.

There was a time when Top 5 corps were viewed with awe by BC members.

Fast forward to 2017, when a 5th place finish and score of 95 is met with disappointment by many.

I suppose this is an indication that BC have become one of the "Big Boys" that we once aspired to become.

Absolutely true!  I kept thinking after last night how in 2005 Bloo took 5th place (for the 1st time ever) and the elation was amazing. They beat Madison on Finals night by close to 2 points. Last night the corps fell a little and it's a major disappointment for some. Such is life in the BIG lane. You take more criticism and the expectations are crazy. 

Personally I feel the show was still amazing, fun, clearly one of the fan favorites, and you want to talk about risky...wow! They tackled a lot this year. Usually when I see that happen it often means the next season will be more of the same, only better. Bloo will be back with a killer show and I am quite confident they will be very competitive. 

• Like 7

I guess it's human nature to a degree and personal perspective to a degree.  A drop in score or rank is met with a degree of "less than"...

I knew when the night started that Bluecoats were not going to win the gold medal, but just like last year, they had me on my feet cheering with everything I had.  That WOW feeling was exactly the same as it was in 2016 and 15 and 14 and so on.

Last night I also got to watch up close some of the different staff/instructors from the various corps as they watched "their" corps perform.  I wish I had used my phone to video the folks from Boston.
They were so excited about the way their kids were PERFORMING.  I don't think the score/rank had a lot to do with it...and I hope it stays that way for them.  

Hope I'm always able to keep that perspective too.

Thank you again Bloo '17!

What AWESOMENESS awaits in 2018!!!!

• Like 8

The Bluecoats were classy and capable defending champions all season. They proved why the 2016 gold was well deserved.

• Like 6

Bluecoats have nothing to be ashamed of. That finish may not have been what they hoped for, but they still dropped the jaws of many fans across the country and their souvie booth was always one of the longest ones. Come back next year strong  Bloo

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, superOOk said:

7R1mkhF.jpg

That was the greatest! That little girl was sitting across the aisle from us and we thought it was very cute that she was wearing the outfit and what looked to be her brothers were both wearing bowler hats. When she ran back up to her mom after giving the DM a high five, the look on her face was priceless!

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 6

Bloo Class acts

• Like 4