Favorite 2016 visual moments

Lots.

Crossmen's ingenious spectrum flags.

BD's "slow drip" front to finish the ballad. Perfect mix of visual and audio resolution.

SCV's flower bloom in the opener. Stunning.

Cavalier's simple but effective horn-to-the-box move on their first impact. Pow. Only drum corps gives you that.

Troopers' 0-to-0 company front in "Fix You."

For those of you too young to have seen it, Cadets did this at the company front push at the end of Appalachian Spring in '87. That's how the show ended until Finals, when they did the "retreat" ending and faded out. Only took 29 years to have it appear again.

• Like 2

For those of you too young to have seen it, Cadets did this at the company front push at the end of Appalachian Spring in '87. That's how the show ended until Finals, when they did the "retreat" ending and faded out. Only took 29 years to have it appear again.

It's nice that people remember what we did nearly 30 years ago. (I was on the 50 when the front reformed). For the record, though, the outro was in place all season .

Edited by StuStu

Lots of favorites but here are a few that stick out:

Loved BD show front to back but the coolest visual to me was the back and forth brass line coming across the field after the bieber dance.

SCV rain drops

Crowns rifle toss. That thing had to be in the air 20 yards!

BK's black hole

Loved the tomb stone chairs and how they used them

Anybody notice the sideline trumpet quartet "whip" at the end of Cavies just before they rushed the pit. That was funny

It had to grow on me but I really liked the Crossman run from "infinity" to the closing set. Cool effect

Maybe the most memorial visual moment though wasn't even planned...the "wink"

• Like 1

Lots of favorites but here are a few that stick out:

Loved BD show front to back but the coolest visual to me was the back and forth brass line coming across the field after the bieber dance.

SCV rain drops

Crowns rifle toss. That thing had to be in the air 20 yards!

BK's black hole

Loved the tomb stone chairs and how they used them

Anybody notice the sideline trumpet quartet "whip" at the end of Cavies just before they rushed the pit. That was funny

It had to grow on me but I really liked the Crossman run from "infinity" to the closing set. Cool effect

Maybe the most memorial visual moment though wasn't even planned...the "wink"

There are a bunch of vids of the Cavaliers quartet floating around, just another reason that closer is the the most entertaining 2 minutes of drum corps I personally have ever seen. Freakin hillarious.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of vids of the Cavaliers quartet floating around, just another reason that closer is the the most entertaining 2 minutes of drum corps I personally have ever seen. Freakin hillarious.

I loved that show more and more each time a saw it. Got to see it live mid season and never really caught up with it but by finals it was one of my favorites.

Honestly all of BD and SCV's show for me. I think BD was starting to get a little bland visually the past few years but the visual program this year was honestly amazing.

As for SCV.. No explanation needed. That opening drill was gorgeous, as were all the other nature motifs scattered throughout

Edited by Cappybara