Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I really hope if BD goes with a Goodwin jazz theme (or even just a movement) it will be phenomenal.  I really hope DCI rewards that kind of a show and gets number 18.

Edited by BoaDci
Im stupid.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Jin Boyang of China skated a La Strada program this year that had about 90% of BD 14  in it. 

Even his costume reminded me of their show. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Certainly China makes its own clothes, but here's an interesting trivial sidelight.

The lady who was the seamstress for the Cadets about a half dozen years ago before she moved over to do the same for The Cavaliers is a major designer and seamstress of most figure skating outfits for US Olympians and professionals in the sport. In her younger years she marched Garfield Cadets battery.

Much of that BD Fellini show music would be well accepted in the northern neighborhoods of Garfield, NJ, heavily Italian.

• Like 2

I am really happy that BD and SCV are doing a joint celebration this year.  Those two corps are my favorites of course from growing up in the bay area.  Man this is going to be so cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

I am really happy that BD and SCV are doing a joint celebration this year.  Those two corps are my favorites of course from growing up in the bay area.  Man this is going to be so cool.

Maybe another 1999? BD and SCV on top running things? West Coast stand up!! 18 and 7 are going to be my two favorite numbers this summer!

On 1/18/2017 at 8:27 PM, BoaDci said:

I really hope if BD goes with a Goodwin jazz theme (or even just a movement) it will be phenomenal.  I really hope DCI rewards that kind of a show and gets number 18.

They've already had sections of their shows by him, and won, so the judges have rewarded it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Ignored.

I got ignored for pointing out a fact?

cute

• Like 1