Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

21 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I really just do not want a Hamilton show.  I mean it definitely fits, lots of drum corps shows based on musicals.  It could be pretty well transitioned.  I just...I dont know it doesnt sit well with me.

Yeah, I've heard some people claim Hamilton isn't super complex musically, which could make it hard to translate to drum corps.

• Like 1

Just now, jimthetuba said:

Yeah, I've heard some people claim Hamilton isn't super complex musically, which could make it hard to translate to drum corps.

That BD staff would make it work Im sure.  Still, I just am not a fan.

• Like 1

I heard from one of my alumni horn friend that their mello section is off the hook this year.  I am sure they will be doing Legend for encore work because that is what Wayne told me was a reason for not doing it again many years ago.  they needed a good soloist.  Drumline was also practicing it with 16 snares.  I bet this will be for the Gala thing with SCV. (I hope they do some Fidler on the Roof)

Who knows what they are going to do.  they won't have a complete idea for a while especially with licensing problems now days.  what ever it ends up being I am sure it will be spectacular.

I hope they do something totally out of the box or maybe do a familiar main stream jazzy show.  (everything they do is jazzy)  I am not sure I will be able to attend any shows this year but will definitely go watch practices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

I heard from one of my alumni horn friend that their mello section is off the hook this year.  I am sure they will be doing Legend for encore work because that is what Wayne told me was a reason for not doing it again many years ago.  they needed a good soloist.  Drumline was also practicing it with 16 snares.  I bet this will be for the Gala thing with SCV. (I hope they do some Fidler on the Roof)

Who knows what they are going to do.  they won't have a complete idea for a while especially with licensing problems now days.  what ever it ends up being I am sure it will be spectacular.

I hope they do something totally out of the box or maybe do a familiar main stream jazzy show.  (everything they do is jazzy)  I am not sure I will be able to attend any shows this year but will definitely go watch practices.

This show better be high, loud and fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Welp.  It looks like we arent going to be know anything BDs show until June 4th at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/TheBlueDevils/status/829038641989165062

Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't BD do a sneak peek in June, but release the name of their show and music late April early May?

• Like 2