Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I defended BD pretty hard in 2015 after that win.  Very hard.  But I've gone back and forth on that one since finals that year.  I have a complicated relationship with Inferno.  

nothing wrong with Ink (well except for the mega swiss cheese girl) but inferno burned it down.  bd "being on fire" is just a rationalization for a bad call.  it's ok -- it's an old, old story already. 

The best thing about finals week 2015 was when BD took 4th in quarters due to penalty, and BD fans said technically they took 2nd, BD haters said they took 4th, and for all BD fans to deal with it. 48 hours later BD wins it all, BD fans congratulate them on going 4th to 1st, BD haters come out and say "Well technically BD was in second the whole time ya know..........LMAO!!! Classic!!!! Do whatever necessary to keep BD down lol.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The best thing about finals week 2015 was when BD took 4th in quarters due to penalty, and BD fans said technically they took 2nd, BD haters said they took 4th, and for all BD fans to deal with it. 48 hours later BD wins it all, BD fans congratulate them on going 4th to 1st, BD haters come out and say "Well technically BD was in second the whole time ya know..........LMAO!!! Classic!!!! Do whatever necessary to keep BD down lol.

Saying 4th makes for a better comeback story though. 

:)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, corpsband said:

nothing wrong with Ink (well except for the mega swiss cheese girl) but inferno burned it down.  bd "being on fire" is just a rationalization for a bad call.  it's ok -- it's an old, old story already. 

Well, let's be honest, Crown basically pulled an Atlanta Falcons with that lackluster finals run (compered to the amazing prelims and semis runs). You leave a door wide open, and the Blue Devils will come through it like Kramer entering Jerry's apartment.

• Like 5

I love it all, honestly Crown NEEDED to be at their best on finals night, they had so much to lose.  Especially when they had those weakness'.  Im not saying percussion was the reason they lost, but its really hard to win if you have a 5th place line in the first place, but they were managing fine just like they did in 2013.  Then, on finals night visual fell to 3rd and GE wasnt as high as it had been.  BD had an electric finals night and the rest is history.  So imo they got too comfortable.

Remembering Crown's Finals performance in 2015, I recall that there was a problem with the mike for the flugelhorn soloist.  A staffer spent quite a bit of time trying to fix it, but he was unsuccessful.  It was stressful watching this, as I was hoping for a Crown win.  I've always felt that way this unfortunate mishap might have impacted Crown's performance that night.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Well, let's be honest, Crown basically pulled an Atlanta Falcons with that lackluster finals run (compered to the amazing prelims and semis runs). You leave a door wide open, and the Blue Devils will come through it like Kramer entering Jerry's apartment.

Fantastic analogy!!!

s-6a5275eda82bdb5c0860a1bdae1da9b6f114af

Edited by ibexpercussion
*edited because gif did not show up the first time
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Condolences to the Blue Devils organization.

I'm confused?