Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

48 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

If you're referring to Gwen Seawright's passing (Jerry's wife....passed Feb 3), please say so...clarity IS a thing.

yes. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2017/02/gwen-seawright/

I wrongly presumed that DCP posters read the news items Donovan and crew post on the front page before you get to the forums.

Edited by xandandl

12 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

I don't really think it matters what BD does this season. We all know they are going to win!

As much as I would love to see that, its not JUST BD's anniversary year...

Listening to the 2012 studio recording at the moment (THANK YOU FOR DOING THESE BD), first of all like all studio recordings you miss so many details of the music books.  

The closer of that show musically is off the charts awesome, percussion writing is out of this world awesome.  When a ScoJo book lines up and it gets clean there is no stopping that percussion section.  And of course the Apollo 13 opener is one of the best things on the field in the modern era IMO.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

I wish there was one for last year.  Oh well.  I guess the proper description of those would be remote studio?

I really enjoyed watching them record INK at family day.  

On 2/17/2017 at 0:28 AM, DrumManTx said:

Listening to the 2012 studio recording at the moment (THANK YOU FOR DOING THESE BD), first of all like all studio recordings you miss so many details of the music books.  

The closer of that show musically is off the charts awesome, percussion writing is out of this world awesome.  When a ScoJo book lines up and it gets clean there is no stopping that percussion section.  And of course the Apollo 13 opener is one of the best things on the field in the modern era IMO.  

Where did you find 2012's? I can find 2010 and 11 but I've been having trouble finding 2012

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I've had it for awhile, I bought it that year.   

Actually, I just found it. BD has basically every show recording since 1971 on their website. Pretty cool find

Edited by johnpendell