Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Well I already love the music in this show. Can't wait for this one.

Still missing my dream show combo though: Flight of the Bumblebee and the Green Hornet. Fingers crossed for 2018.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Feeling underwhelmed by this one.  I guess I was expecting a more radical change from them this year.

Mike

Needs more Yowza?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daave said:

Awwwww, c'mon.  They could announce that they were doing "The Music of South Park", open with "Kyle's Mom's a B#^&&" and close with "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" and the collective drum corps world would have a woody that a Kardashian could do pull ups on.  :laughing:

Ironically, much of the music of the South Park movie is surprisingly well written, content aside.

Don't think I've ever laughed harder in a theater than when they broke into "Uncle F#%$*r."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

Yes the hornline totally nails Bumblebee.  I was blown away in Februrary and could only imagine how good it sounds now.

Can't wait!!!

I keep thinking of the Harry James version of "Bumblebee" from the Big Band era... and how he absolutely hits it out of the park with the articulation.  Of course, he did that on anything he played!!! One of the best brass technicians ever.

6 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

Ironically, much of the music of the South Park movie is surprisingly well written, content aside.

Don't think I've ever laughed harder in a theater than when they broke into "Uncle F#%$*r."

Totally agreed on the quality of the South Park movie music. Even that opening song, going back and forth between 3/4 and 4/4; not anything huge, of course, but already something unexpected and more interesting than what one might expect from the South Park folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flammaster said:

I really love that a bunch of the photos I donated were used in the promo video.  I am so proud to be a part of this organization!

I love that 2 of the pics are of the 84 corps (from the finals vid)....first time I've ever seen that from the org.

And for those claiming there's no Goodwin in the show....wrong.

His kid is still on synth in the pit!  :)

• Like 5