Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I keep finding all kinds of BD licks in brass and percussion. Unfortunately this move I have been doing will keep me from Mars until the day after they leave.  

The weather has not been warm so hey are not baking but it's windy enough here to know nights there are quite frigid.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Quad Aces said:

Lol - after typing that, I actually thought this would be your response!

Anyway, really looking forward to hearing BD's show this year (and everyone else's too)!  Can't wait for the movie event to get here and kick off the season!!

I can't wait for BD360!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I keep finding all kinds of BD licks in brass and percussion. Unfortunately this move I have been doing will keep me from Mars until the day after they leave.  

The weather has not been warm so hey are not baking but it's windy enough here to know nights there are quite frigid.

That high brass lick they are doing where you can hear some Felliniesque in it, might be the brass moment of the year when it's all said and done. Absolutely terrifying they are sounding this good and we haven't hit mid June yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flammaster said:

It wouldn't be Mars if it wasn't like the Arctic at night!

I remember my first evening at Mars....NEVER again did I make the mistake of thinking that a warm day would be followed by a warm night!   It was absolutely miserable.

• Like 1

It's pretty chilly down South too!

Love it!

wow I'm mega late. really exciting sounds coming from BD this year! as always.

I don't want to keep listening to it though, because if there's one thing BD has been teaching me over the last decade, it's never to trust their May/June product, lol. It's always just a blueprint for their bigger schemes, so mostly I'm excited to see all the layers they're adding from here. 

I just hope those inevitable rotating blocks are clean by finals night. :innocent:

7 minutes ago, jksmusic said:

Dave Glyde and I wrote solo's to have the members audition on, then once the soloists were selected, the members were allowed to create within what was there. When you hear the show in the summer, the solos will be consistent night to night, because visuals and other music are written to match what is going on solo wise. In the end, they are written with some improvisation inherent in the end product. 

Brilliant 

16 minutes ago, jksmusic said:

Dave Glyde and I wrote solo's to have the members audition on, then once the soloists were selected, the members were allowed to create within what was there. When you hear the show in the summer, the solos will be consistent night to night, because visuals and other music are written to match what is going on solo wise. In the end, they are written with some improvisation inherent in the end product. 

Thanks for the info!! Very excited to see the show this summer