Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

12 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Hmmm....the solo at 5:28 in this video sounds familiar.

That's the ballad solo right?

The music in this show is so amazing. I can't stop listening to it! 

• Like 4

Hey guys, I know it's early, but this might be my favorite brass book ever.  Triumph of Time, Crystal, Flight of the Bumblee and Everything Must Change are all incredible.  The chords and mello licks in Triumph (which can be heard better on the first recording) are insane, and are already really blended.  Flight of the Bumblebee is super clean, and they have only had it for a few months (that is my guess), I know professionals that have taken much MORE time than that.  Crystal gets better with every listen, that trumpet line (and mellophone line) is absolute craziness.  Everything Must Change is my favorite of the bunch.  If this stays relatively the same, this will be one of my favorite ballads ever.  The impacts are all exactly where they need to be.  I feel more like I'm listening to a professional big band than a drum corps.  Great Stuff.  And no, I havent stopped listening to it since I got it.  I NEED TO SEE THIS ON THE FIELD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Hey guys, I know it's early, but this might be my favorite brass book ever.  Triumph of Time, Crystal, Flight of the Bumblee and Everything Must Change are all incredible.  The chords and mello licks in Triumph (which can be heard better on the first recording) are insane, and are already really blended.  Flight of the Bumblebee is super clean, and they have only had it for a few months (that is my guess), I know professionals that have taken much MORE time than that.  Crystal gets better with every listen, that trumpet line (and mellophone line) is absolute craziness.  Everything Must Change is my favorite of the bunch.  If this stays relatively the same, this will be one of my favorite ballads ever.  The impacts are all exactly where they need to be.  I feel more like I'm listening to a professional big band than a drum corps.  Great Stuff.  And no, I havent stopped listening to it since I got it.  I NEED TO SEE THIS ON THE FIELD.

Glyde and Meehan (I'm assuming they're the ones who arranged this show) really outdid themselves this year. Love the book, I can't wait for a high quality recording of the show

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Glyde and Meehan (I'm assuming they're the ones who arranged this show) really outdid themselves this year. Love the book, I can't wait for a high quality recording of the show

It gets better with every listen.