Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

a friend who can play every BD snare book said he still can't play this years book.

My favorite part is when they split the 16 snares into two lines of 8 and trade off licks.

The bass line has only one vet but dang they are good this year.

Everyone talks about the hornline but that pit!  very strong this year.

Just now, johnpendell said:

Watched a rehearsal run... what's up with BD putting terrible pop songs in their shows when they make absolutely no sense? Shine bright like a diamond? Seriously? 

Traditionally, a 60th anniversary means a diamond. 

• Like 5

"For example, in the United Kingdom, diamond was a well known symbol for the 75th anniversary, but this changed to the now more common 60th anniversary after the Diamond Anniversary of Queen Victoria. The current monarch Queen Elizabeth II's 60th year on the throne was widely marked as her Diamond Jubilee and commemorated in 2012."

-Wikipedia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnpendell said:

Watched a rehearsal run... what's up with BD putting terrible pop songs in their shows when they make absolutely no sense? Shine bright like a diamond? Seriously? 

Personally I find this insertion of pop music to be a lot more tasteful than the past two years lol but that's just me. It's a lot less disruptive 

• Like 2

I find it stupid to be perfectly honest, but I see why they did it. I just don't agree with it. Especially having it so out there. Would've preferred it woven in better. But thats just me.