Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Hey, @flammaster and others, there is a SUPER toxic Facebook group called "I Don't Support DCI" that has come to the attention of a lot of people in the activity lately.   It's filled with some older alums and participants of the activity and to be frank it's pretty disgusting.   Incredibly mean spirited and disgusting comments that include comparing a member of Carolina Crowns 2015 guard to prostitution and stuff about sex slavery and the list goes on.  They got ahold of BDs uniform too and I won't give them more attention but I've been told by someone not on DCP that his tweet was in response to this group.   His tweet was not inappropriate in response to that sad, incredibly disgusting, and terrible crowd.  

#classy

Edit: I meant the post not the Facebook group.  I thought it was obvious but you never know sometimes.

Edited by BoaDci

It doesn't matter if the group is private or public because whatever is said in that group will most certainly get back to the members. These young people work their butts off just to be criticized by some who don't like the way things are going. Things will change for the good no matter what. It's about looking forward & not backwards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I ask you.  Who defends WGI and band most here?

hmmm?

Who?

1 minute ago, Yorkvillain said:

I clicked on a Blue Devils thread and a Cadets thread broke out. 

That explains the sudden uptick in page count 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Couldn't let them have all the drama this summer.

Let's be real, the drama is mainly coming from one poster

it was a non-issue otherwise 

• Like 3

I am a huge proponent of progress.  Some things do actually need to be gotten used to before you just spring them on the public.

I do not however appreciate being lumped together with those who disapprove simply because of my generational connection.

I love modern drum corps with a passion but I also love some tasty design as well. The fact that I find something ugly does not a Luddite make me.

if I got to the point of not wanting to support something I certainly would not join a group that posts constantly about it.  In fact I fight like cats and dogs with those people.

there is one show I really dislike but I don't talk about it.

Even someone who wants to be progressive and accepting can be shocked into disbelief and grow defensive before getting a chance to digest it.

I think this whole secretive thing is becoming a bad idea and hope it stops in the future.

my daughter warned me about her tattoo so as to warm me up to it.

food for thought 

52 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I don't think a BD drum major would tweet something like that if it wasn't in response to that group which is honestly the equivalent of pure hate speech about the acitivity and it's members.  

Just a question here, but how are people supposed to know who exactly or what exactly he's responding to? It isn't made clear at all in his actual tweet. As drum major of a DCI corps, though his intentions might have been noble, I think he should exercise more caution and restraint in situations like these. Especially on twitter where things get taken out of context all the time, and now all the sudden, a BD alum perhaps, or a super fan or potential donor to his corps may take it the wrong way and think he's referring to them. Even if you think such a thing is a leap, why take that chance? It's totally not worth it. A drum major should always present themselves and their corps in the best possible light. Even in the face of harsh criticism. Otherwise, he or she risks dragging themselves and their corps down into the gutter where all that vile criticism belongs. Simple advice-- Just ignore those clowns. Rise above that nonsense. The drum major of the Blue Devils should be better than that!

My 2 cents anyway... 

• Like 1