Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

4 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I've spent the last half hour watching that YouTube of the Blue Devils and this is a trip back to the awesome 1980s in every good way possible.  This might be among the best Blue Devils' programs EVER.  The lead trumpets have that "retro" sound the best players had thirty years ago:  The "edge" or "burn" or "sizzle" or whatever you want the to call it.

I have to agree with you and I am not a BD fan.  This is definitely my favorite show of theirs.  It's somewhat traditional and fun without going overboard. I am hoping they add more to the drill during the percussion feature.

Not going to compare it to other shows this year yet as I have only seen some rough recordings of a few of them.

This show seems to deviate from their formula that they have been building on since the 90s and I like it.

• Like 1

I just want to say I feel terrible for the things I have said and wish I could take them all back.  I thought I was tolerant and found out I could get just as worked up.

I have had a horrible weekend trying to figure out why I do these things and hurt the ones I love.

my most sincere apologies.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I just want to say I feel terrible for the things I have said and wish I could take them all back.  I thought I was tolerant and found out I could get just as worked up.

I have had a horrible weekend trying to figure out why I do these things and hurt the ones I love.

my most sincere apologies.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

giphy.gif

I really wanted to post a gif, but I didn't wanna be distasteful.  Thank you Cappybara for posting what I didnt have the courage to XD.  

Flammaster, I'm sure you know this already.  I think the respect to the members at BD goes both ways.  In the future, be mindful that these members (especially someone carrying a leadership postion) would be extremely careful with what they say.  I'm sure CC wouldn't have posted that without a specific reasoning.  Please be wary and look into situations before being so quick to judge.  I dont want that to come off as harsh, I still see you as an EXTREMELY respected poster on this site.  All is forgiven with me 100%.K6Okm.gif

Every time there the solos are different. I love this! 

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Also........haters gonna hate and honestly just let it roll off like it always does.  The crowd reactions AND numbers they're getting more than speak for themselves.  

It was very nice to see people on Reddit legitimately enjoying BD's show. It looks like they'll be a crowd-loved show this year which makes me happy regardless of where they place

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It was very nice to see people on Reddit legitimately enjoying BD's show. It looks like they'll be a crowd-loved show this year which makes me happy regardless of where they place

Yeah Reddit seems to love it waaaaayyyyyy more than DCP.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Yeah Reddit seems to love it waaaaayyyyyy more than DCP.  

Which is surprising because they usually don't like BD at all

• Like 2