Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Is tomorrow night's Santa Barbara show being scored or exhibition? I think the last couple years this show was exhibition.

I believe so. In the past, the corps have watched each other perform from the stands.

Edited by dcsnare93

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

I believe so. In the past, the corps have watched either perform from the stands.

Yea i believe you are correct. Just checked BD's schedule and it says they are in the stands to watch PR, BK, SCV perform. Exhibition it is, or so it seems.

At their rehearsal right now, chunking their way through bumblebee. 

The talent this year... unreal. They're repping these brass runs like it's nothing

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

At their rehearsal right now, chunking their way through bumblebee. 

The talent this year... unreal. They're repping these brass runs like it's nothing

Any visual work by chance?

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

Any visual work by chance?

Cleaning drill, some new visual and audio additions to the intro. I know nothing about guard but the new stuff they're working out is a lot of fun to watch; starting to utilize the stairs more often.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

Cleaning drill, some new visual and audio additions to the intro. I know nothing about guard but the new stuff they're working out is a lot of fun to watch; starting to utilize the stairs more often.

Good. Those stairs aren't being used enough right now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Good. Those stairs aren't being used enough right now

Agreed.  Such cool props too.  

Hopefully they keep making additions.  Otherwise the suspender wearing, spandex dawning, not blue corps will be hard to beat.  

• Like 2

I have always noticed that BDCG is never really putting out a full package. If you see their shows especially in the early season, you can see them just walking or running to their spots just standing their and not doing nothing. So I really don't judge BDCG like they should be judged because I know they are not putting the complete package on the field. Scott, TJ and the team are masterminds at what they do.  

• Like 4

After seeing their full run, I'm 100% sold. The videos do them no justice; my ears were ringing after that opening hit. This corps is playing with total confidence and swagger and nailing every note that comes their way. 

Once percussion gets their hands fully behind this book and the corps is able to dial in the ideas they'll have in the coming weeks, this show will be unstoppable.

• Like 7