Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

6 hours ago, NakedEye said:

I still think they are going to fill more drill in. They redid the end of Ink several times and each version had less standing and more moving. 

The past few years have featured a prominent rifle "WOW" section that was super hard and exposed. This year there are at least 10 of those sections. It's a beast. Having marched in an era when rifles doing double-time was common, and challenging enough to control while moving slowly, I get an anxiety attack watching the opening work where they double-time their way across the field while shuffling laterally. Zero margin for error. 

I always appreciate reading your fantastic insights on guard 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD from last night.

I #!?&ing lose it every time when the guard starts lazily swaying during the ballad—7:14 in this video. Just such a perfect way to evoke the mood of the music. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

I watched the video above from Seattle, and also found one online from the Oregon show. I tell you what...there is a LOT of goodness in that BD show. A LOT!!!!  A few more tweaks and some visual adjustments and this one may top 2014 and 2015 for me. Already a very special show.  Count me very impressed.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I watched the video above from Seattle, and also found one online from the Oregon show. I tell you what...there is a LOT of goodness in that BD show. A LOT!!!!  A few more tweaks and some visual adjustments and this one may top 2014 and 2015 for me. Already a very special show.  Count me very impressed.

That says a lot.  Because, to me, that 2014 show was THE G.O.A.T.!!!

• Like 2

BTW - As much as I have tried to stay away from the video (I MUST SEE IT LIVE!!!), I couldn't help but watch BD on video from WA.   OMG, the mirrors on the props look incredible.   At least from the video, works even better than 2010.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD from last night.

This show is amazing. Sure there's work to do, but I really enjoy listening to the music. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Habs33 said:

This show is mesmerizing. Undefeated gold for sure. Anything else is criminal.

As much as the BD fan in me loves hearing what you said, Bloo, SCV, and Crown have shows that are straight savage. Cavies and Cadets are coming too. I think BD is the front runner now, but it's by the slimmest of margins. San Antonio is gonna be epic. We could potentially have four gold medal shows this year. And finishing 6th this year will be like taking the bronze any other year. But yes what BD is doing is down right insane and will be epic by next month. 

• Like 3

Incredible show, so much talent in the writing, instructing, performing, soloists etc etc.

It could rank as one of the best of all time? We will see.

I am so happy that I will be there to see the encore performance in Indianapolis !!!

• Like 2