Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

12 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I wanted to take a moment to tell all you BD :bluedevil: fans it was a true pleasure to host the corps over the past two days.  We had over 500 people in the stands on Monday evening for rehearsal.  Many people in the crowd came up to me and expressed how much they really loved the show this year.  From the throw-back solos in the beginning (Seawright-mania), to the amazing work of the drumline (WTG ScoJo), to a brass line that just brings it and a guard that tells a great story with phenomenal work.

For the parents, we did what we could to make their stay enjoyable.  We even had our boosters give the cook staff a break by providing a "homemade" snack (Peach Crisp & Ice Cream) for the corps on Monday night.

This is the third time we have hosted BD and our students learn so much about what it takes to put on a show with hard work and determination at every rehearsal.  Our band camp actually started on the same day the corps arrived and the students got to see what it takes up close and personal.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend at Allentown.  I will have my tail-gate set up across from the HAM-FAM and look forward to seeing all you fans.  Stop by and  if you mention my name here on DCP, you get a dog and a beer. 

This is awesome. 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 6:17 PM, BDCorno said:

You only marched one show? Who did you kneecap to take their spot for finals? :laughing:

Well...since you ask...

I did a shoot for a webshow called "Ten Feet Tall" a month or so ago...hit YouTube this morning.
Watch....and read how many of the comments mention me!

Bwhahahahahaaaaa!

My fave moment is at 3:06 or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m42BhxR0kGI

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Well...since you ask...

I did a shoot for a webshow called "Ten Feet Tall" a month or so ago...hit YouTube this morning.
Watch....and read how many of the comments mention me!

Bwhahahahahaaaaa!

My fave moment is at 3:06 or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m42BhxR0kGI

You're on trending! 

Finally learned what those chant-like voice samples are at the beginning ... cool!

• Like 4

Next inside BD360 is out

they talk about Jerry, 40 trumpets, flying battery, and guard awesomeness.  The close ups of their moves look really clean person to person, and some dead stop catches.  Must be something if I notice it, since I am not a guard person.

I love this year's show!

Edited by c mor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gabe211 said:

Finally learned what those chant-like voice samples are at the beginning ... cool!

Ah ha! People have groused that the mirrors jiggle too much, but I was sure he liked that effect and did it for a reason. They are great because they both sparkle (like a diamond) and, as he says, give a fluid, moving and distorted reflection. Really good stuff about not living in the past, but reflecting on it. There's a lot of people around who could benefit by learning that lesson. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Ah ha! People have groused that the mirrors jiggle too much, but I was sure he liked that effect and did it for a reason. They are great because they both sparkle (like a diamond) and, as he says, give a fluid, moving and distorted reflection. Really good stuff about not living in the past, but reflecting on it. There's a lot of people around who could benefit by learning that lesson. 

what lesson is that?

11 minutes ago, cowtown said:

what lesson is that?

The past no longer exists. You can reflect on all the good and bad of it, learn from it, and use the strongest lessons and experiences from it to continue to grow as you move forward with a constantly ticking clock. Nothing stands still.

• Like 3