Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

CG cam! 

Exposed. Exhausting. Impressive. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, c mor said:

Of course I knew that.  I was trying to be funny.

...must remember to emoji-fy...

:unsure:

Hate to say it but Tom Blair did a horrible job on big loud and live.  The audio was fine but they missed all kinds of highlight moments.

Edited by MikeBD

4 hours ago, MikeBD said:

Hate to say it but Tom Blair did a horrible job on big loud and live.  The audio was fine but they missed all kinds of highlight moments.

I was under the impression it was the Flo crew with Blair directing/choosing shots.

perhaps it was Flo-blown.

:whistle:

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

You mean FloFlop don't you?

Flo-blown, FloFlop, both work for me.  ha!

Surely, we could gather the brightest minds of DCP and ask them to create a suitable term for this phenomenon.  Maybe a new topic to take suggestions, or perhaps a poll....

:35_thinking:

2 hours ago, c mor said:

I was under the impression it was the Flo crew with Blair directing/choosing shots.

perhaps it was Flo-blown.

:whistle:

It looked way more like Flo than Blair to me. Worst camera angles in the history of the theater broadcast. long, long, long lingering shots of the pit, ultra-closeups of soloists, weird, back sideline views, tons of field-level shots where you just saw a cluster of moving bodies. High-cam maybe 30% of the shots at most. If you had not seen the shows before, you would leave still not having any idea what they looked like.

Blair has always managed to be just in the right place at the right time, and the difference was glaring. 

The coverage of BD was among the weakest of the evening. I'm afraid to venture of of the high-cam view tonight. 

13 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

It looked way more like Flo than Blair to me. Worst camera angles in the history of the theater broadcast. long, long, long lingering shots of the pit, ultra-closeups of soloists, weird, back sideline views, tons of field-level shots where you just saw a cluster of moving bodies. High-cam maybe 30% of the shots at most. If you had not seen the shows before, you would leave still not having any idea what they looked like.

Blair has always managed to be just in the right place at the right time, and the difference was glaring. 

The coverage of BD was among the weakest of the evening. I'm afraid to venture of of the high-cam view tonight. 

Thank God Im gonna be there live...