Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I guess BD not getting the color guard caption this year again.. so caption awards will plit in half for BD and SCV general effect, visual, color guard, percussion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

Was the window lit up in blue tonight at the end?

Not sure if it was lit but I did saw blue on it

21 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Dear BD,

When I was 16 I saved up and traveled to Madison to see my first finals along with my older sister and brother.  I had seen the PBS broadcasts and a DCI South show in Birmingham.  It was during that week in Madison that I fell in love with the Devils..............the swagger............the jazz..........the drumline............just everything about that corp is flat out awesome to me.

Over the years I have fallen even more for the magical corp otherwise known as Concord Blue Devils.  There have been years that I may not have loved their show but I always had the utmost respect for the difficulty of each one of those shows.  Two of my favorites were 2008 and 2015 and obviously 2014.  However, no show has ever pushed 1986 off the pedestal.  With a heavy heart 1986 is now in second place.

This show has unbelievable music and just so many incredible MOMENTS.  I still can't believe the fans that don't realize how that opening drill is.  The ballad should just be renamed THE BALLAD.  I actually love the ending and I expect to love it even more after tomorrow night.

For all the people that slam BD and their supposed lack of movement.  I was on Michael Boos live chat tonight.  This is a direct quote from Michael Boo

"I want to address something that people seem to keep mentioning regarding this corps, and that is the alleged lack of movement. My heavens, just look at their step size, their speed of marching at times, and how their feet move, sometimes in opposition to what the torsos appear to be doing. They move like crazy, but they do it with such astounding fluidity and ease (because they're so well trained) that they make it look easy. It would be like hearing a famous stage actor recite Dr. Suess. Of course he would make it sound easy and he could be accused of not really working hard at it. But you'd remember the performance and you'd admire the panache. Blue Devils have panache to spare, and when it looks like they're taking it easy, it's because the drill writing of Jay Murphy is so perfectly staged that it seems un-human, and sense it seems un-human, it must be something we can't fully comprehend and therefor it gets the banner assigned of being easy."

I am so proud to support this group.  Do it up Devils!

Holy cow.

Nailed it.

• Like 4

Over/Under: That after our beloved Devils bring home 18 tonight..........7 people post that they are done with DCI and they are never giving another penny to DCI blah blah blah lol.

Over/Under: That after our beloved Devils bring home 18 tonight..........4 threads pop up whining about BD winning all the time and/or b******g about BD doesn't move etc......

Over/Under: That after our beloved Devils bring home 18 tonight..........20 people accuse BD of paying off the judges, having them on the payroll with zero proof or evidence that this is happening........so basically they are trying to take the spotlight off of BD by trying to stir up controversy to anyone who is stupid enough to listen to them.

DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!! 18!!!!!!

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 5