Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Just watched the finals run again.  Teared up, again.   What a season BD. :bluedevil:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

Just watched the finals run again.  Teared up, again.   What a season BD. :bluedevil:

I have watched it twice times already. Gonna watch it once more before dinner and then before i sleep. I want to wake up in the morning to that trumpet feature on full blast, but gotta respect the wife's wishes...........so i am making her sleep downstairs in the guest bedroom lol.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I've never been able to deny the excellence this corps achieves, but this year they really hit me emotionally. From the last "diamonds in the sky" to the end, I get completely verklempt. I've never had a BD horn line draw me into a show like this before. In Nashville I could literally see the mm's pulling the crowd in at the end. They sold it. I bought it.

If anyone says they can't get into a BD show, let them watch this one.

PS: I called #18 when they announced their program. ;P

PPS: That trombonist is phenomenal. 

The addition of Mr. Seawright's audio was just the coup de gras!

• Like 2

Watching this show at Lucas Oil was so magical. The video doesn't do it justice how much the crowd appreciated the performance. Standing ovation after each production. People we're going nuts during the last moment of the ballad. Then after the last Rihanna sample in the closer, everyone was on their feet and I could barely hear the last chord. BD proved the championship was theirs. Well deserved!

• Like 6

Was just reading the article on dci.org about BDs title last night and it said BD captured it's seventh unbeaten season. I could have sworn last night was BD eighth, 77, 82, 94, 09, 10, 12, 14, and 17. Any BD alums who marched those years particularly 77, 82, and 94 confirm that?

82 was the first. Also when Jerry had a heart attack and Moxley stepped in until Gibbs took over in 91.

I was at that show they use the recording of.  It was the first competition which they had been doing exhibition the previous year when I first saw them as an 8 year old.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Was just reading the article on dci.org about BDs title last night and it said BD captured it's seventh unbeaten season. I could have sworn last night was BD eighth, 77, 82, 94, 09, 10, 12, 14, and 17. Any BD alums who marched those years particularly 77, 82, and 94 confirm that?

'77 wasn't an undefeated season. Took 2nd to Vanguard at DCI West Prelims.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

'77 wasn't an undefeated season. Took 2nd to Vanguard at DCI West Prelims.

Ah ok. Corpsreps is incorrect than. Well hopefully they will get the eighth unbeaten season next year! Appreciate you setting me straight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Currently watching the Colts vs Lions game on the NFL Network. Camera panned to the crowd and there was someone wearing a METAMORPH shirt lol. Guess some BD fans stuck around to take in a preseason game. Saying they aren't from the Indy area.

Might've been the parents of the Lions' center, Travis Swanson.   His father.Todd,  was BD's DM in 83, bari prior to that (Prior Trooper, as well.)

• Like 3