Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

5 hours ago, Mamabear77 said:

I Facebook live'd it.. My family in Oklahoma and in Cali were blowing up my phone saying that the Flo Live feed went dead.. Silly FloMarching!! I am trying to figure out how to post a link to it!  I filmed the best I could.. My emotions were crazy.. I am so happy for my Blue Devil, ALL the Blue Devils, the staff, and the alumni.. It was such a magical and incredible finals week journey.. Whoever went to the rehearsal on Saturday, you could just tell something special was happening and was going to happen that night.. The energy, the vibe was seriously out of this world!! Man, did they deliver Saturday night! I was in tears once the ballad started until the end of the show..  Then when they announced scores the tears started flowing again.. My son texted me when they were waiting to go on the field for scores saying that he just had "the performance of his life" I'm pretty sure all the devils felt the same!! Way to do it up Devils!! 

PM me...I can probably help your famly out with the dead FloMarching problem. [wink wink] Also have some other interesting items.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 7:03 PM, dcsnare93 said:

'77 wasn't an undefeated season. Took 2nd to Vanguard at DCI West Prelims.

Thanks...as if I needed the reminder. :39_angry::spitting:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Thanks...as if I needed the reminder. :39_angry::spitting:

...sigh....yeah, about that..

Still, not as bad as 78 missing 1st by .35 in the tick era.   Did we all not think, "If just four people, in the span of 11 minutes, made one less error...GRRRR!"

Deep breath, let it go...shhhhhhh  ahhhhhh.  Okay, so - I'm thrilled for the members - the entire organization this year.  Well Done!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, c mor said:

...sigh....yeah, about that..

Still, not as bad as 78 missing 1st by .35 in the tick era.   Did we all not think, "If just four people, in the span of 11 minutes, made one less error...GRRRR!"

Deep breath, let it go...shhhhhhh  ahhhhhh.  Okay, so - I'm thrilled for the members - the entire organization this year.  Well Done!

Didn't know how many people know this, but BD welcomed three new members to the "four ring club" on Saturday night. Past the original five, there had only been one other in the past 37 years, but the drought came to an end. It's really a stunning achievement for the three...in the modern era, you simply don't see longevity like you did "in the old days". Congrats to Scott Downs, Jacob Tortorete, and Brian Coon. Well done! What a list of shows to have marched to get there, too:

Cabaret Voltaire*
ReRite of Spring
Felliniesque*
Ink*
As Dreams are Made On
Metamorph*

Some of the great shows in BD (and DCI) history!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BDCorno said:

Didn't know how many people know this, but BD welcomed three new members to the "four ring club" on Saturday night. Past the original five, there had only been one other in the past 37 years, but the drought came to an end. It's really a stunning achievement for the three...in the modern era, you simply don't see longevity like you did "in the old days". Congrats to Scott Downs, Jacob Tortorete, and Brian Coon. Well done! What a list of shows to have marched to get there, too:

Cabaret Voltaire*
ReRite of Spring
Felliniesque*
Ink*
As Dreams are Made On
Metamorph*

Some of the great shows in BD (and DCI) history!

Just for the DCP record, would you share the names of the original five?

1 hour ago, c mor said:

Just for the DCP record, would you share the names of the original five?

'76-'77-'79-'80
Lee Doebler - Rifle
David Gibbs - Soprano (2), Drum Major (2)
Rich Kleinman - Timpani, Tenors
Brenda Nelson - Flag, Rifle
David Tuttle - French Horn

Two back to back titles! c mor was along for two of those. Good times!

• Like 1