Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Where the trombone feature and some of the voiceovers came from.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gabe211 said:

Where the trombone feature and some of the voiceovers came from.

I KNEW IT.

This was probably the biggest reason i disliked the trombone feature initially. It's bad enough I have to hear the actual song twice a year at seder (even if my family can actually sing fairly well).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, c mor said:

...sigh....yeah, about that..

Still, not as bad as 78 missing 1st by .35 in the tick era.   Did we all not think, "If just four people, in the span of 11 minutes, made one less error...GRRRR!"

Deep breath, let it go...shhhhhhh  ahhhhhh.  Okay, so - I'm thrilled for the members - the entire organization this year.  Well Done!

Maybe you should talk to someone from Regiment that year to help you get over it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cowtown said:

Maybe you should talk to someone from Regiment that year to help you get over it

Yep, I felt for them too... tied for first at prelims, to be second at finals by .1.

It was clear the judges had PR and SCV in the top tier, and BD a step below.   At the time, we certainly believed we had a shot, since we had won the Boise show before Denver.  Regardless of corps, as a member focused on performing error-free, one can't help the thoughts of "what if."

Javier is a beast. Oh, and anybody that thinks the BD doesn't march enough or march and play enough, yada yada, they are CRAZY.  

#eighteen

• Like 4

How this hornline isn't an Ott winner blows my mind. That's no insult to Crown, it's just a testament to just how good hornlines have become if this is a 2nd place hornline!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

How this hornline isn't an Ott winner blows my mind. That's no insult to Crown, it's just a testament to just how good hornlines have become if this is a 2nd place hornline!

Because they insisted in playing all the notes in the whole show and way faster than anyone else.  They were the only ones in the top 5 who didn't wear in ear metronomes also.  You would think they would have "played it safe" like everyone else but darn those Blue Devils for doing stuff old school.

Bringing it on FINALS is just so ...Blue Devils

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

Because they insisted in playing all the notes in the whole show and way faster than anyone else.  They were the only ones in the top 5 who didn't wear in ear metronomes also.  You would think they would have "played it safe" like everyone else but darn those Blue Devils for doing stuff old school.

Bringing it on FINALS is just so ...Blue Devils

So you're still on the "so...Blue Devils" thing?

Also, I call shenanigans on the in-ear metronomes thing.