Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

It makes sense to use them but when you do and still get beat....

Imagine the visuals you can do once it becomes the norm.  It will be soon enough.

8 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

What year is the recorded announcer stuff from?

1971....very FIRST field show as a drum & bugle corps, in fact.

The voice is that of the late Jerry Seawright, former BD director (and the one who brought brass to what had been a drum and bell corps, hence the guardie with a glockenspiel at the beginning of the show).

A LOT of BD alums teared up when they heard his voice and realized he was finally directly part of a show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

1971....very FIRST field show as a drum & bugle corps, in fact.

The voice is that of the late Jerry Seawright, former BD director (and the one who brought brass to what had been a drum and bell corps, hence the guardie with a glockenspiel at the beginning of the show).

A LOT of BD alums teared up when they heard his voice and realized he was finally directly part of a show.

ah man, that's awesome. Such a cool show.

It WAS NOT their very first field show ever.  It was the first competition.  They had been doing that show for almost a year.  I saw them at one of the first exhibitions in 1970 and wanted to join.  The show the recording was from I was at.  My whole family went to witness the first day of competition.  I was only 9 and we didn't have anything ready to do in the parade for Cadet corps. So, I just followed the bugle corps all day long.  Jerry was always real nice to me and winked at me when he saw me with tears in my eyes saluting them when they did a march by the whole BD org.

It's on the media box

I remember the awards ceremony for the parade and my dad was mad that Danny Dugan didn't get the best drum major award for Junior Drum and Bell. (Dave;s younger brother).

I remember it so well because this was the first real big thing for the season and I didn't have to march in the parade that day. 

Just a quick shout-out to everyone who contributed support and kind words towards BD this season in this thread (and on DCP in general). It was definitely a special year for BD (as well as SCV), and a GREAT year for drum corps in general. 

Until 2018...

• Like 8