Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

7 minutes ago, fatbrassboy said:

Rumor has it that Phantom's 2016 mello soloists and another 6 PR alums are with B.D. this season. That means 1/10 of their hornline is Regiment alum! Hope they have a gas!

and another PR mello and the asst. drum major are at SCV this year.

• Like 1

Man... the more I hear about this show from you guys, the more I like it.

They are gonna be rehearsing before DCI East at the same school where we caught them last summer... I hope to get that opportunity again.

I've been a BD fan since the early 1970s, so getting a chance to watch them work on their program last summer was a drum corps dream come true!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... the more I hear about this show from you guys, the more I like it.

They are gonna be rehearsing before DCI East at the same school where we caught them last summer... I hope to get that opportunity again.

I've been a BD fan since the early 1970s, so getting a chance to watch them work on their program last summer was a drum corps dream come true!!!

Watch out, Fran, or Rudy/Justin, knowing your great announcing talents, will be offering you a guest appearance or two at BD's massive Bingo calling.!!!

Edited by xandandl

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Watch out, Fran, or Rudy/Justin, knowing your great announcing talents, will be offering you a guest appearance or two at BD's massive Bingo calling.!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

19 minutes ago, fatbrassboy said:

Rumor has it that Phantom's 2016 mello soloists and another 6 PR alums are with B.D. this season. That means 1/10 of their hornline is Regiment alum! Hope they have a gas!

Not uncommon, actually....BD probably has the highest percentage of members who come from other corps...of all levels (including ones who has won previously).

In 84 we had 14 Vanguardians from 83 SCV...almost 11% of the whole CORPS was SCV imports that year...and that doesn't even count those who came from Garfield, Regiment, Madison, Crossmen, VK, 27th, Spirit, Troopers,cGeneseo Knights, Valley Fever, or Kingsmen,..and there were a few of us for whom BD was our first corps ever.

Over 1/4  of 84 BD was new to BD that year....and this happens every year....yet the quality remains at the top.   Says a lot about the instructional philosophy of the staff.

Hell, the snare line had, I think, 2 out of 10 returning...everyone else had aged out...and we STILL won drums.

All roads eventually lead to BD!

• Like 3

I know the hornline has quite a few rookies.

Snares are 6 out of 9 vets, all 4 tenors return, only 1 vet on bass and pit has 10 vets.

Bass line has a guy from b and c corps but did one year of BK.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

We're the ones hosting BD before they head up to Allentown.  I've been trying to work it out with my boosters to have Fran announce our band show for years.  They keep going with the local announcer (who is good as well).

One of these years Fran, I'll make it work.

:thumbup:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Not uncommon, actually....BD probably has the highest percentage of members who come from other corps...of all levels (including ones who has won previously).

In 84 we had 14 Vanguardians from 83 SCV...almost 11% of the whole CORPS was SCV imports that year...and that doesn't even count those who came from Garfield, Regiment, Madison, Crossmen, VK, 27th, Spirit, Troopers,cGeneseo Knights, Valley Fever, or Kingsmen,..and there were a few of us for whom BD was our first corps ever.

Over 1/4  of 84 BD was new to BD that year....and this happens every year....yet the quality remains at the top.   Says a lot about the instructional philosophy of the staff.

Hell, the snare line had, I think, 2 out of 10 returning...everyone else had aged out...and we STILL won drums.

All roads eventually lead to BD!

Yup.