Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Honestly ranking the last three ballads from BD is incredibly difficult. If I had to rank it, I'd probably say 

1. 2015 - that pause of dead silence and then the highly exposed hit does it for me

2. 2016 - the only reason I put this above 2014's ballad is because I felt this pulled me in emotionally more and it resolved better 

3. 2014 - the hornline that played this ballad was clearly a step above 2015 and 2016 in my opinion, they blended so well it sounded like one instrument at some parts. The music itself was gorgeous but it felt like there wasn't as much substance as the other two. Still gorgeous

• Like 2

The chord at 2:30.  Sheesh.

Simply gorgeous.

That has to be up in the top three most difficult brass books I have ever heard.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 2

Just listened to the first part of BD's 2017 show. OMG!! I knew BD was coming for heads this summer, but dang! Do it up Devils!  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just listened to the first part of BD's 2017 show. OMG!! I knew BD was coming for heads this summer, but dang! Do it up Devils!  

Wait until you see the guard costumes. Deliciousness! Could Devils go undefeated? Perhaps 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Wait until you see the guard costumes. Deliciousness! Could Devils go undefeated? Perhaps 

Can't wait!!! Won't see BD till Pasadena and Riverside and i am hype for this year!! Undefeated? DCI heavyweights will have something to say about that. But BD has went unbeaten following silver medal finishes since 2009. We will see.

Wouldn't mind a PM with any links :-)

21 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The whole first half is mesmerizing. Has the classic BD sound of course

I would greatly appreciate being provided a link to this!!

7 hours ago, BoaDci said:

The chord at 2:30.  Sheesh.

Simply gorgeous.

That has to be up in the top three most difficult brass books I have ever heard.

The recording I have doesn't have a chord at 2:30... could I get a PM?