Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I just want them to do modern interesting music that brings up some kind of interesting program that no one would have ever thought they would do. Kind of like how they have been doing only this time in 2017.

• Like 4

I am more or less convinced that BD could do a show of reading names from a phone book and somehow make it work. :tongue:

So I am looking forward to their 2017 production... 60th anniversary or not!!!

• Like 1

I want a greatest hits show with the original arrangements.

As fun as that would be, it wouldn't be competitive, and I don't see any corps, especially BD doing that.

• Like 1

That's what alumni corps is for.

Don't get me going on that, John....the 07 alum corps was fun, and I'm proud to have been the one to kick it off by proposing the idea to Gibbs but I have to rate it near the bottom of ALL the alum groups since 27th in 94.

How about a part 2 to their 91 or 93 show with a better drum line. Think the battery held them back both of those years. But the horn line.............OMG.

I am more or less convinced that BD could do a show of reading names from a phone book and somehow make it work. :tongue:

Hey we the fans have to suffer through that!!! Don't give them any ideas!

(I'm joshing you because there was a WGI open guard out of Nashville about ten years back whose complete soundtrack for their guard was babble and mouth noises, not words or song or music. It was unusual.)

With our luck, BD would choose the telephone directory of Krakow, Poland; Buffalo, or Upper Slabovia. :tongue::tongue:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

(I'm joshing you because there was a WGI open guard out of Nashville about ten years back whose complete soundtrack for their guard was babble and mouth noises, not words or song or music. It was unusual.)

Having perused a lot of WGI colorguard shows lately, I can safely say that there are some shows that are just as weird if not weirder than what you're describing. Braddock Independent 2009, SCV 2015, and James Bowie HS 2016 are just a few.