Olympics closing ceremony

Anyone watch it? First, most of the show was Drum Corps Lite. Over an hour of marching formations set over the holographic projection on the floor.

But second, they closed the show with a different version of the SCV tree!

I wasn't impressed.

Really haven't been since Beijing a few years ago.

Anyone watch it? First, most of the show was Drum Corps Lite. Over an hour of marching formations set over the holographic projection on the floor.

But second, they closed the show with a different version of the SCV tree!

Hmm. Holograms on the drum corps field?

Now that Tony DiCarlo is unemployed as a penalty judge (NO penalties for 2016) maybe the visual folks will find a way around restrictions and this will be the next energizer to the '17 shows.

• Like 1

Brazil has outstanding music, rhythms, etc.

Regrettably, the music for the closing ceremony last nite in Rio was dreadfully unappealing and subpar, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Now that Tony DiCarlo is unemployed as a penalty judge (NO penalties for 2016) maybe the visual folks will find a way around restrictions and this will be the next energizer to the '17 shows.

More like less restrictions on the corps in Military Park this year :P

Now I don't feel as if I missed anything. I watched neither the opening or closing ceremonies.

There were some very cool moments in the opening ceremonies, and the stuff in the closing ceremony produced by Japan was very cool as well. Japan will revolutionize the ceremonies in four years.

• Like 1

I was watching some rythmnic gymnastics and thinking "I could see Crown's guard doing this."