British corps to attend 2017 DCI Championship

Story on dci.org. The corps is called The Company. Very smart move to announce it this early. Could be great for their recruiting.

Looks like they could be in international class because of some overage members. I was looking forward to seeing how high they could go in World class. They look decent.

Looks like they could be in international class because of some overage members. I was looking forward to seeing how high they could go in World class. They look decent.

Weren't the three corps in 2014 in the same boat? Still scored on the same sheets I believe. They were in their own class, but the numbers were still the same.

• Like 2

Weren't the three corps in 2014 in the same boat? Still scored on the same sheets I believe. They were in their own class, but the numbers were still the same.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 2015. Jubal, Chien Kuo, and 1 other group I forget the name of.
  • Like 1

Yes, but you know we can't really compare scores from different areas. The international aspect of DCI has been deemphasized in recent years it seems. Used to be some really great Canadian/Canadien corps out there, and then you'd get the occasional Asian corps coming. I'm glad the best of DCE is coming to DCI next year, but it would be fun to see them directly compared to US corps!

On the same token, I would for them over there to get a load of Crown, BD, Coats etc live!

An all-age corps COMPETING directly with jr. corps in DCI Prelims.

What might be the compelling reason for DCI to create that precedent?

(Other than another step toward realizing Hopkins'$ plan to control the activity by rolling DCI, DCA, and BOA/USBANDS into direct competition under YEA!)

Edited by candl