British corps to attend 2017 DCI Championship

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Glad my wife let me borrow her quilting magnifier so I could read your reply.

I'm glad she let you borrow it too, ghost. By the way, Is she making you a sweater for those chilly Utah nights perhaps ?

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I'm glad she let you borrow it too, ghost. By the way, Is she making you a sweater for those chilly Utah nights perhaps ?

Nope!  She primarily quilts, with occasional place mats, pocket book, oneies.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nope!  She primarily quilts, with occasional place mats, pocket book, oneies.

I was just kidding you. I got a new computer, and inadvertently got the font size on my post above botched. Sorry for the annoyance with that, ghost.

Today at Bradley airport outside Hartford, CT and Springfield,Ma, Norwegian Airlines announced a new service between the US and Scotland for this summer with introductory one way fares of 65 US dollars (before taxes I am sure.) It's a pleasant train ride to Britain from Edinburgh and but a ferry ride to Ireland or mainland Europe. This info might be useful for those hoping to go to DCUK or DCE, or any of the British fans yet to ticket for the DCI and DCA tours. Aer Lingus also travels between Bradley and Dublin, Ireland and also is a cheaper fare than either NYC or Boston airports.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 7:51 PM, senators said:

Sat Aug 5 we are looking forward to competing at the Shoreman Brass Classic Open Class Show at Avon Lake High School

Nice. I hadn't realized I'd get a chance to see The Company just 20 minutes from my house.

Great post. Good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 6:27 PM, xandandl said:

Today at Bradley airport outside Hartford, CT and Springfield,Ma, Norwegian Airlines announced a new service between the US and Scotland for this summer with introductory one way fares of 65 US dollars (before taxes I am sure.) It's a pleasant train ride to Britain from Edinburgh and but a ferry ride to Ireland or mainland Europe. This info might be useful for those hoping to go to DCUK or DCE, or any of the British fans yet to ticket for the DCI and DCA tours. Aer Lingus also travels between Bradley and Dublin, Ireland and also is a cheaper fare than either NYC or Boston airports.

...for those traveling to mainland Europe, the Eurostar is an interesting experience ( Goes under the English channel). I found that it was cheaper to order tickets from the French side rather than the English side ( thanks nice french lady at Gare Du Nord for the tip).  I don't know if that is still the case, but it was about half the price.  Those cheeky, clever Brits...

On 10/4/2016 at 9:46 PM, Liahona said:

It is interesting that Kidsgrove Scouts for the 4th time are coming over here in 2017 but will be competing in DCA....whereas The Company will be competing in DCI on their trip...

Love all three of these corps.

The Company is most like current DCI corps.

Jubal has changed to become more like current DCI corps.

Kidsgrove Scouts' style is more like older shows, which for me is better to MY liking.  Less voice, more classic drill and visuals.  Bigger ensemble moves, less individual stuff.

Their brass was probably the most polished, imho.

I thoroughly enjoy all three corps, and one style is not better than the other, but I could see how Kidsgrove could fit in a little better into DCA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Kidsgrove Scouts' style is more like older shows, which for me is better to MY liking.  Less voice, more classic drill and visuals.  Bigger ensemble moves, less individual stuff.

Their brass was probably the most polished, imho.

I actually enjoyed KS the best out of all 3 shows at DCE...but maybe that's because I'm partial to brass...

• Like 3