THE ACADEMY 2017

10 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

I can assure you THE ACADEMY Creative Staff and design team, IMHO, has "Bettered" the best uniforms in DCI. Hint: it'll be quite difficult for ANY Corps to Top it !!!!!  

Now, this is real hype folks!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

Liahona, disapointment is always that possibility. HOWEVER, I can assure you THE ACADEMY Creative Staff and design team, IMHO, has "Bettered" the best uniforms in DCI. Hint: it'll be quite difficult for ANY Corps to Top it !!!!!  

I love your enthusiiasm and your unapologetic hype for the Academy, and your prediction that Academy's new attire will almost certainly be everyone's favorite Corps attire of all the Corps this season, CorpsRelic..' Looking forward to both Academy's show as well as their new unis for this season !

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I love your enthusiiasm and your unapologetic hype for the Academy, and your prediction that Academy's new attire will almost certainly be everyone's favorite Corps attire of all the Corps this season, CorpsRelic..' Looking forward to both Academy's show as well as their new unis for this season !

Brasso...thanks the "unapologitic Hype for THE ACADEMY" will be substantiated on April 29th.  Hint:The production could be considered "loaded" on multiple fronts : - ) 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 10:09 AM, DrumManTx said:

I'm excited.  

:)

I love your enthusiasm for The Academy...it's infectious.   I have it too because they're just a corps that's hard not to like.  Especially after last year.   But I've loved them since The Ascent through Pianoman and back up to Drum Corpse Bride.  I can always count on them for a show that I can just sit back and enjoy.   

I am excited to see the new uniform!  

Totally agree DrumManTX..... With the exception, IMHO opinion "Pianoman"..... sadly, as a pianist/composer myself and a Billy Joel fan, the production just struck a sour note with me.  As a Drum "Corps Relic" from the 60's,, the Corps "singing" the theme was difficult to accept and endure.  The Academys  "Vanity Fair" and it's "Masterpiece" Fanfare and it's ending with the completion of the nearly full field Union Jack flag roll out, was simply Classic, Brilliant and a visual delight!...I was heart sick when they came in 16th behind SPIRIT, and missed out in seeing it on the BIG SCREEN : - (

On 4/15/2017 at 9:27 PM, CorpsRelic said:

Totally agree DrumManTX..... With the exception, IMHO opinion "Pianoman"..... sadly, as a pianist/composer myself and a Billy Joel fan, the production just struck a sour note with me.  As a Drum "Corps Relic" from the 60's,, the Corps "singing" the theme was difficult to accept and endure.  The Academys  "Vanity Fair" and it's "Masterpiece" Fanfare and it's ending with the completion of the nearly full field Union Jack flag roll out, was simply Classic, Brilliant and a visual delight!...I was heart sick when they came in 16th behind SPIRIT, and missed out in seeing it on the BIG SCREEN : - (

Yeah we all know Pianoman sucked, but I wouldn't of changed it for the world. 

That season was just as much of the story as last year was and if that year hadn't planned out the way it didn't then the changes that came in places after might not of happened! Thus no change in the staff line up etc. Everything happens for a reason, our adversity that year would lead on the create something beautiful in the following years after.

For 2017, I'm looking forward to seeing the corps grow and as a proud alumnus I will stand by them in whatever path they take following on from a great 2016 season. 

Yes, I am biased as hell but I have heard some exceptionally great things from the winter preparations and the new uniform is the cherry on the cake.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thoroughly impressed. Incredible brass book that's filled with those long difficult phrases that old school fans crave for. It was performed incredibly and they have at least 160% of the power they had last year. Much satisfaction. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I'm thoroughly impressed. Incredible brass book that's filled with those long difficult phrases that old school fans crave for. It was performed incredibly and they have at least 160% of the power they had last year. Much satisfaction. 

This seems to point to quite an intriguing summer !

17 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This seems to point to quite an intriguing summer !

Watch the hype guys!