THE ACADEMY 2017

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Watch the hype guys!

Why ? Is a poster hyping Academy ( or any other Corps ) against some rule, somewhere ? Whats the  problem ?

Edited by BRASSO

On April 15, 2017 at 4:27 PM, CorpsRelic said:

Totally agree DrumManTX..... With the exception, IMHO opinion "Pianoman"..... sadly, as a pianist/composer myself and a Billy Joel fan, the production just struck a sour note with me.  As a Drum "Corps Relic" from the 60's,, the Corps "singing" the theme was difficult to accept and endure.  The Academys  "Vanity Fair" and it's "Masterpiece" Fanfare and it's ending with the completion of the nearly full field Union Jack flag roll out, was simply Classic, Brilliant and a visual delight!...I was heart sick when they came in 16th behind SPIRIT, and missed out in seeing it on the BIG SCREEN : - (

"Piano Man" may not have been well received because the audience was sober. I probably go to more wedding receptions than most, and "Piano Man" is a DJ favorite. If it is played early at the reception, no one pays attention, after people have been drinking awhile, everyone sings along. So if they handed out free booze to judges and the audience, Academy would have taken home the title.

I was impressed with 2010 (Strangers in Paradise) and I thought 2011 would be the year Academy made finals and quite frankly, I thought 2011 was an underrated show. In 2014 and 2015, you could see Academy was making the strides needed to be a finalist so 2016 was not a surprise.

Edited by Tim K

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

in 2010 (Strangers in Paradise) I thought 2011 would be the year Academy made finals and quite frankly, I thought 2011 was an underrated show. In 2014 and 2015, you could see Academy was making the strides needed to be a finalist so 2016 was not a surprise.

Ah, "Re" : ) the show that really made me start to appreciate The Academy as a group who would be a future finalist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

"Piano Man" may not have been well received because the audience was sober. I probably go to more wedding receptions than most, and "Piano Man" is a DJ favorite. If it is played early at the reception, no one pays attention, after people have been drinking awhile, everyone sings along. So if they handed out free booze to judges and the audience, Academy would have taken home the title.

I was impressed with 2010 (Strangers in Paradise) and I thought 2011 would be the year Academy made finals and quite frankly, I thought 2011 was an underrated show. In 2014 and 2015, you could see Academy was making the strides needed to be a finalist so 2016 was not a surprise.

That 2010 hornline had some serious punch.  And I totally agree on 2011, I listen to that one all the time, it's not just one of my favorites from them it's one of my favorites period.   

• Like 2

So they've announced the partnership......but no pic of the unfirom.  Yet.  Looks very red.  Based on that sketch on the computer looks like it's sticking with the suit/tux look just a little bit more modern.  Wonder what the final product will look like.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

No show announcement I'm ######.  

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Considering they're having lots of stuff going on this weekend I wouldn't give up yet.  Perhaps something tomorrow.  

I'm hoping so....don't put me on the edge of my seat for nothing

With these off season videos from a couple of Corps, I'm learning how advanced the sewing machines have become lately. I had no idea.

2 hours ago, sagemode67 said:

I'm hoping so....don't put me on the edge of my seat for nothing

Can confirm it's not for nothing :)

• Like 2