THE ACADEMY 2017

"Pwease Mister Game Warden, could you tell me what season it is?"

"Everyone knows it's drum corps season!"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, corpsband said:

If a guard member doesn't get up on the podium and kick the conductor off and do some conducting Imma be dissapointed lol.  

The number of references and things they could throw in this are limitless.  I think the success of this show will lie in the balance of the cartoony/cute not being TOO obvious, but also not taking it too seriously to the point it's not as fun as it could be without going overboard.  

They NAILED that balance last year so I definitely trust in their ability to do it.  

• Like 1

I anticipate lots of dark and foreboding themed shows coming down the pike this season from some of the Top 12 Corps... so this Academy show sounds like perhaps a refreshing and fun counterbalance to that perhaps. Diversity is a good thing  to have all around, imo.... I also anticipate a wide variety of styles of uniforms this season, perhaps more diversity here as well than we've seen in awhile.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

If a guard member doesn't get up on the podium and kick the conductor off and do some conducting Imma be dissapointed lol.  

The number of references and things they could throw in this are limitless.  I think the success of this show will lie in the balance of the cartoony/cute not being TOO obvious, but also not taking it too seriously to the point it's not as fun as it could be without going overboard.   

WC could use another Velvet Knights/Bridgemen in the top 12.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I am sooooooooo excited for this.  :)

They are totally going to pull this off and solidify themselves as the darlings of DCI. 

• Like 3

No throwing babies this year.

We all need to show up in the stands with bags of carrots.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

No throwing babies this year.

We all need to show up in the stands with bags of carrots.

You sillwe wasscull, you... ( haha!)

Well now that stuff is beginning to come out about it, I guess I can be a little more specific about what I heard at the community performance. It doesn't feel like what you'd expect musically. Even the brighter ideas have a darkish vibe to them. To me, the only time there's any sort of cartoonish feel is the closer when I guess everything is being resolved story wise.