THE ACADEMY 2017

I was just thinking now that it might work even better for a French horn, transposed down an octave (which is what I would have wanted to see with the trombone, as there's no way they or the French horn can play as high as the piano melody).

For whatever reason I didn't think of bones or frenchies but I love that idea.

• Like 1

Sky Ryders redux?

West Side Story

Wizard of OZ

etc.

West Side Story is a bad idea IMO....Cadets OWN that one...the other two...not a bad idea IMO

Not really (says the guy who both lost to it and won with it)....but it's overdone....WAAAAAAAYYY overdone.

WSS, Phantom of the opera, the Planets, Appalachian Spring, and any Americana shows are on my personal "lol hell no" list haha

• Like 3

WSS, Phantom of the opera, the Planets, Appalachian Spring, and any Americana shows are on my personal "lol hell no" list haha

My never again list is VERY long. lol

If you think recurring is bad in DCI...go to a high school contest and be ready to hear Firebird 20 times,

the Planets 10, and New World Symphony mixed with something modern to make it fresh about 10 times. And the list don't stop there. Lol.

• Like 1

If you think recurring is bad in DCI...go to a high school contest and be ready to hear Firebird 20 times,

the Planets 10, and New World Symphony mixed with something modern to make it fresh about 10 times. And the list don't stop there. Lol.

The year Jensen Publications came out with "Pictures at an Exhibition," you'd hear ever HS band judge in SoCal cry in anguish if the opening set had a trumpet pair out front....

• Like 1

LOL - One of the schools I teach and arrange percussion for is doing Mars as the opener and Firebird as the closer. But the theme is VERY different...

The show is called "Fourth & Goal." We also threw Hymn of Axciom and Power by Kanye West in there. :-)

Harry Potter! Lmao.