2017 Blue Stars

What are your thoughts on the music arrangers departing? Who do you think will replace them? What direction do you think they will take design wise this season?

As much as I loved what all 3 have done for the last 4 years I am intrigued on what they have up their sleeve. Brad Furlano and Russ Gavin always look for what's best for the members and the organization. I have complete trust in them and what they will bring in. What I'd like next year is to continue the story show but less dissonance.

• Like 1

What are your thoughts on the music arrangers departing? Who do you think will replace them? What direction do you think they will take design wise this season?

As much as I loved what all 3 have done for the last 4 years I am intrigued on what they have up their sleeve. Brad Furlano and Russ Gavin always look for what's best for the members and the organization. I have complete trust in them and what they will bring in. What I'd like next year is to continue the story show but less dissonance.

I agree... they are good at those storyline shows... and while I enjoyed their 2016 program, there were parts of it that didn't quite do it for me. The abrupt "down" ending in particular. Looking forward to 2017!!!

Please, Blue Stars, do us a favor and keep your brass staff (and stay on Yamahas). Your brass last season had one of the most lush ensemble sounds I've ever heard, regardless of how they scored.

Please, Blue Stars, do us a favor and keep your brass staff (and stay on Yamahas). Your brass last season had one of the most lush ensemble sounds I've ever heard, regardless of how they scored.

Don't think you need to worry about that. Dr. Ward Miller made an event for 2017 auditions and I don't think he'd do it if he was leaving! They made great strides from 15 to 16 in brass and another year with the same core of staff can put them up there with the next tier.

Don't think you need to worry about that. Dr. Ward Miller made an event for 2017 auditions and I don't think he'd do it if he was leaving! They made great strides from 15 to 16 in brass and another year with the same core of staff can put them up there with the next tier.

He also made a show to the kids of tearing up a resignation letter he had if he felt he hadn't done his job well, specifically creating a top 10 brass section. He's coming back. If he doesn't, I'm pretty sure my son will follow him. He's an impressive presence for the Blue Stars.

I've never met him but I have read his blogs. He's a very smart and able to adapt to the acrivity for someone I believe never marched (someone verify if I'm correct). You always see the names of people that marched under someone big and now leading a group but rarely see someone from the other side just jump in.

• 2 weeks later...

He also made a show to the kids of tearing up a resignation letter he had if he felt he hadn't done his job well, specifically creating a top 10 brass section. He's coming back. If he doesn't, I'm pretty sure my son will follow him. He's an impressive presence for the Blue Stars.

I'm very pleased that he is staying, he's doing an amazing job, and I love his values. Now with the percussion staff announcements everything is falling into place.

We only had 30 age outs this year, Imagine if we can retain all the kids this will be a very interesting year! FCO!