2017 Blue Stars

15 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

boy, I wish there was a way I can hear what the hype is about ....

excited about them, Sullivan is one of those arrangers that you just know you're going to enjoy a show no matter what if he wrote the brass book. 

I don't have a video of the corps to share, but I can tell you the show starts with some of this.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that almost every one of these songs are in Moulin Rouge?

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that almost every one of these songs are in Moulin Rouge?

Like this one?

And this one.......

At least the Blue Stars are arranging some lesser-played songs from Moulin Rouge. "One Day I'll Fly Away" and "El Tango de Roxanne" have been done enough times by other corps.

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

At least the Blue Stars are arranging some lesser-played songs from Moulin Rouge. "One Day I'll Fly Away" and "El Tango de Roxanne" have been done enough times by other corps.

I'm not complaining.  I actually like it and am looking forward to the show.  Just pointing it out as I am getting these onto the playlists.

• Like 1

I really like the Bowie version of Nature Boy.

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I really like the Bowie version of Nature Boy.

When the Cavaliers included Nature Boy in XtraordinarY in 2011, they were unable to acquire the rights and it was deleted from all end of the year media.  Is that no longer a problem??