2017 Blue Stars

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It's a lot more straightforward than last year.  Romeo and Juliet part is pretty fleshed out, Great Gatsby not QUITE as fleshed out, and I get the impression the closer still has lots of additions/fleshing out.  

I just said flesh way too much.  

:Z

I assumed it had something to do with what their corps director implied. Love story through different period pieces. Shakespeare, Gatsby, modern Moulin Rouge by the end maybe?

Well sign me up. Lady Marmalade was awkward, but so were all those pauses. But those will all be fleshed out into story moments for sure. Not worried

• Like 2

Those mellos.  Holy crap.   I absolutely cannot wait to hear them live!!!

There is a trumpet feature near the beginning of the Moulin Rouge section where they have a sustain underneath the trumpets and it sounded INCREDIBLE to me. Such a simple thing but it was attacked and released SO well and the tone and intonation was awesome.  Idk why that stood out to me but it did.  

Bravo ladies and gents.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

There is a trumpet feature near the beginning of the Moulin Rouge section where they have a sustain underneath the trumpets and it sounded INCREDIBLE to me. Such a simple thing but it was attacked and released SO well and the tone and intonation was awesome.  Idk why that stood out to me but it did.  

Bravo ladies and gents.  

Yup, and that low brass. Jeez, maybe flomarching did themselves a massive favor tonight with the audio setup. But it can't hurt how good Blue Stars came out of the gate. Wow

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Bravo ladies and gents.  

YES! Was thinking the same thing. May have a new favorite mello line besides SCV :)

Just now, rr4353 said:

YES! Was thinking the same thing. May have a new favorite mello line besides SCV :)

Haha I was just about to say that. Nothing tops a JD Shaw Mello line.

• Like 2