2017 Blue Stars

54 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

The Patti LaBelle sample is extremely overpowering and comes out of nowhere with little to no transition into it. In addition, what's the point of it in the show? Pleeeeeease get rid of it! 

It's from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, as is much of the Blue Stars repertoire.

What I've been saying for a while is starting to show. They are starting to develop the theme throughout the show and layer everything. It's not how the show starts it's about how the show finishes. Clean the feet and PR will be easy to catch. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 2

Just went back and watched the MN performance. Either I wasn't paying attention to their closer on opening night, or they've gone through MASSIVE improvements because HOLY COW! That is one awesome section of drum corps! The high brass feature that kicked it off had me so SO impressed with especially with that killer mellophone book they have this year and the Come What May section had my heart jumping! Very impressed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

Just went back and watched the MN performance. Either I wasn't paying attention to their closer on opening night, or they've gone through MASSIVE improvements because HOLY COW! That is one awesome section of drum corps! The high brass feature that kicked it off had me so SO impressed with especially with that killer mellophone book they have this year and the Come What May section had my heart jumping! Very impressed!

The closer is completely different then opening night.  It was completely rewritten, music and drill just a few days before DCI Minnesota.  The ending now is out of this world wonderful and befitting of that powerful horn line!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Way to go boys!!!! :)

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

I was thoroughly entertained tonight with their performance.