2017 Blue Stars

15 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

You can almost count on the Blue Stars to make the changes they need to make every year to max out the show. 

Blue Stars arrive in Indianapolis in 14 days. During the next two weeks they have 10 shows ( four shows in a row starting tonight) and only four rehearsal days so majority of changes are already in.  So it is an issue of cleaning which the Blue Stars staff is good at.

40 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I would have had them over SCV in 2010

I haven't seen this show fixed or cleaned, seems stalled. why? 

I am not sure about stalled. Their score has gone up every show this year with the exception of a 1/2 a tenth drop from Belton to San Antonio. The week after San Antonio is typically the week the Blue Stars start seeing movement in scores. 5.5 points last year, 4 points in 2015, 4.5 points in 2014. I would not be surprised if they were 85 or higher come Saturday. 

There is a brand new vid posted from Cajun field dci.  It's a much better read of BS then then FloMArch.  

Hope it doesn't get pulled. Shhhhhh!

They connecting idea of this show is difficult to convey.  Baz Luhrmann soundtrackd or some Vegas show that’s not in popular culture is a reach, it therefore comes off a bit disjointed. I feel they need  a guy in a director chair off to the side moving the story along although, that may be more confusing. And the visual should be in his films visual style. Even if its 'love through the ages' is it 3 stories or 1? I'm still not sure.  When I saw it in DeKalb, my friends couldn’t figure it out and when explained, they were, um, ok.

The table props, eh…we’ve seen Blue Stars with tables. The electronics, a bit too much talking and the sample in the closer are a bit jarring as they don't fit in with the music the way I'd like. I keep waiting for this show to come together and it hasn’t, it’s not realizing its early season potential for me but there is still time 

I don't think I'm alone in feeling like Blue Stars are erstatz Blue Devils - that's not working for the audience - could we take a "4 songs that don't suck" approach? Does every show need an over arching theme? How about you come out and play really good and do cool drill and guard work? Ala old Cavies' shows?

7 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

And there is a new transition debuting tonight from part 3 into part 4. 

Embrace the process FCO!

From what I understand.....the change isn't very major (yet).  Hopefully, the change we've been waiting/hoping for is still coming.....