Best military/patriotic shows

I'm a sucker for America shows even if they're cheesy.

"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" played by Cadets in the middle of their show in 2002, got one of the largest mid show enthustiastic standing O's maybe in DCI history. Its still on youtube for verification on how the Finals audience responded. Sure, its a bit of a cheesy song, but man it went over so well that year with nationwide audiences..... including me ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Judges were really styling with their "uniforms".

MikeD was in the Cadets this season.

Patriotism has such a personally defined definition, that may not have the same definition to everyone. Thus, I can accept without reservation that this Cadets 1971 show.. with their visual Peace Sign creation they did in a portion of their show, was a " Patriotic themed show ".... I don't personally believe that it was, but I can accept that some others might consider it the highest form of " patriotism ", as matter of fact... and I have no problem with that either. I was away at the time serving in the military, and missed the 1971 season altogether, so I never saw this Cadets show live at the time.

Edited by BRASSO

Still think Bluecoats 2013 show is the freshest and most unique take on an America show. Every day that passes since 2013 I appreciate that one more and more, none of the cliches and modern. And I think that was a stepping stone into 2014.

Pushed the boundaries of traditional ideas of "patriotism". The choice to use Simon and Garfunkel's piece broke the mold. All in a good way, IMO.

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for American cheese.

...... and on a Philly cheesesteak, with onions & green peppers, and I'll raise Old Glory up the flagpole.