Troopers 2017

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

But...what if they go with two drum majors, and ala Phantom they duel it out with one dying.  That one takes the slow march out for retreat.  

and marches and marches and marches....

Could be why DCI has dropped drum major only retreats this year according to the buzz.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Looks like there is some good stuff cooking in Casper this year!

If so, thats great to hear!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awfully quiet in Trooperland.  Has anybody heard anything new?  It's hard to get excited about the season when you have no news to look forward to.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

50 minutes ago, bearwy said:

It's been awfully quiet in Trooperland.  Has anybody heard anything new?  It's hard to get excited about the season when you have no news to look forward to.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

Love the theme!!!  ...I hope they will announce their repertoire soon!  I LOVE the troopers...they have a very special place in my heart...the very first drum corps I ever heard way back in 1986 and I've been hooked on drum corps ever since...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bearwy said:

Unfortunately, I haven't heard much from the Troopers since they moved in outside of their social media posts. But if there's anything I know from watching them in previous seasons, they are very capable of putting out a high-quality musical product. RWS and the Rennicks are three of the best music composers/arrangers in the activity today, and for the past four seasons the Troopers have had the talent needed to pull off these fantastic arrangements.

On the other hand, I also know that the visual side has been the Troopers' main Achilles heel as of late. I hope they do what is necessary to bring the quality of this category up to par with the music.

As for the design, this is the first Troopers show theme in a while that I'm actually legitimately excited for them to portray. It's very much in the vein of Troopers without being too "Americana" or "cowboy-esque." While they haven't announced the repertoire yet, I really hope they incorporate some great music into this show!

Overall, of last year's non-finalists, I think they have one of the best chances to break the Top 12, but it will be interesting to see how they will do compared to other corps that are right around them!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

If they do as they have in the past, tomorrow, 11 June, at 11:00 am MST, the corps will gather.  They will face west and play Battle Hymn Chorale in honor of Mr. Jones. They have posted this on FB for the past few years.

• Like 3

Troop is one of my favorites.  They dont get as much attention as other corps, but they always put up great numbers.  2016, 2011, 2009 and 1991 are some favorite shows ever.   The best word to describe them to me is "scrappy", I feel like they draw slightly less talent and put out a product that is highly competitive.  Great stuff.  This years show seems to be great.  "Duels and Duets" seems like a meaty topic that will translate to the field well.  I really hope its a story show, it will really stand out from the pack.  I really want to see a strong year out of Casper, and I dont think I will be disappointed.

• Like 3

Poor recording quality due to the wind, but here is the annual video of the Troopers brass honoring Jim Jones with Battle Hymn.

• Like 3

Do it up, Troop!