New Kids on the Block (C2 and Erie)

It's on another thread. I'm not kidding.

Well.. that didn't take long... LOL

Right up there with the "Star United's players are all paid professionals" stuff that I still hear. Good Lord.

• Like 1

My vote for most improved corps would be Sunrisers in open ,and Cinn Trad I'n Class A

The reason they are called "Cadets 2" is because they are the "Cadets corps" of the "Cadets" -- hence C2.

Logically, given how they style the "2" as a superscript, they ought to be "Cadets Squared", but that ship has sailed.

I wonder if that cheer or "twwoooo" at Finals will become a regular thing, like "Bloooo" for Bluecoats.

• Like 1

C2 looks like part of a missing chemical equation to me NE.... Too many science classes in college...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Hell Jim we were a feeder corps. How many from your era and mine went on to march Crossmen, cadets, Boston, BD, and later add in Bluecoats?

Cam Bruce went on to Crossmen and BD. Shade went and did Bridgemen. We also had DCI ageouts come on board. THere were more from my era but yeah- there was some cross-pollenation.

• Like 2

Thunderbirds ran with what they got.

My educated guess would be when they have the wherewithal, the personnel, and the ideas to use electronics, they will when it's time.

My guess would be the next step there would be amping the pit nicely, but right now given their numbers in brass and Front Ensemble, there's not quite a need for it yet.

It's nice to use all the tools at one's design disposal- but DCA is too competitive in that you'd dare not use them for the sake of using them,/use them poorly.

• Like 1

FWIW after seeing Erie and Cincy down and dirty from the sidelines for prelims, and then from the *skewed* box (meaning on the 30...high...terrible angle,at least if you're not 360 degrees clean...heh) I thought Erie was the more complete drum corps and, through my rose colored underdog glasses, wanted them to jump Cincy. Taking nothing away from Tradition, of course, cuz they were excellent...but Erie had some pizzzzzazzzzz...

• Like 3

Logically, given how they style the "2" as a superscript, they ought to be "Cadets Squared", but that ship has sailed.

I wonder if that cheer or "twwoooo" at Finals will become a regular thing, like "Bloooo" for Bluecoats.

We were "Bruuuuuuuuce" ing at retreat trying to get one of our trumpet player's attention, bet you can't guess his name haha