Congratulations!

Congratulations to Cadets2 for their first DCA World Championship!

Also congrats to all the corps and their members for a fantastic year....with a special salute to White Sabers (you did NY proud!!!!)

• Like 3

Congratulations indeed! From inception to championship, this is even faster than Star of Indiana, isn't it?

Also, has anyone else observed that both the DCI champion and the DCA champion played "Heat of the Day"?

When was the last time that the first place junior and all-age corps both performed the same song in the same year?

• Like 1

Not to take the C2 congrats thread, (CONGRATS), Congratulations to Cinn. Trad.

If you follow the numbers through the years you will find them slowly but surely build to the class A championship!

Congrats CT!!!

• Like 1

I saw quite a bit of growth from Cincinnati just over the course of this season. In previous years, I'd never before seen them prior to championships; this year I saw them four times, starting at garfield's Dublin DCI show back in June.

• Like 2

Not to take the C2 congrats thread, (CONGRATS), Congratulations to Cinn. Trad.

If you follow the numbers through the years you will find them slowly but surely build to the class A championship!

Congrats CT!!!

A very well-designed show from them this year!!! Highlighted their strengths, minimized their weaknesses.

A deserving champion!!!

It would be really cool if, ten years from now or so, there were twenty or so Open Class corps vying to make the top ten Finals spots, Cincinnati among them. But don't let them rush into it! They should seize on this opportunity to grow at a reasonable pace. Get the word out to more students from all those southwest Ohio schools with strong band programs. (And also to those with weak band programs, who might like an opportunity to do something more challenging than they get at school.) I'm surprised to see nothing yet on the Cincinnati Enquirer website (multiple articles about Friday's high school football games, but no mention of Tradition's victory). If CT hasn't sent out a press release yet, they should do so pronto!

And in the meantime, while I still think Buccaneers were the best corps this year, I also thought it was really close between the top two Open corps, and it's great that Cadets2 have established themselves in the past two years as one of DCA's best teams. it would be wonderful if the activity saw, for instance . . .

2017-2019 -- Bucs, C2, MBI, and Cabs all regularly trade medalist positions; and then:

2020-2022 -- the above four be joined by Fusion and CV, so that the top six are constantly shifting; and then:

2023-2025 -- any of eight corps (by then including Sabers and Sun) have a shot of winning every year, and there's no huge shame in being eighth because it's quite possible to jump seven spots in a year; and then:

2026-2028 -- it's rare to see a Finalist score below 88, because all the corps are so regularly excellent.

And all of this, arguably, would be founded in the Buccaneers having set such a high and consistent standard since 2005.

(Itself perhaps based on the example of the Brigadiers having won four years in a row and with eight consecutive years never below second just prior to the Bucs' dominant streak?)

• Like 2

It would be really cool if, ten years from now or so, there were twenty or so Open Class corps vying to make the top ten Finals spots, Cincinnati among them. But don't let them rush into it! They should seize on this opportunity to grow at a reasonable pace. Get the word out to more students from all those southwest Ohio schools with strong band programs. (And also to those with weak band programs, who might like an opportunity to do something more challenging than they get at school.) I'm surprised to see nothing yet on the Cincinnati Enquirer website (multiple articles about Friday's high school football games, but no mention of Tradition's victory). If CT hasn't sent out a press release yet, they should do so pronto!

And in the meantime, while I still think Buccaneers were the best corps this year, I also thought it was really close between the top two Open corps, and it's great that Cadets2 have established themselves in the past two years as one of DCA's best teams. it would be wonderful if the activity saw, for instance . . .

2017-2019 -- Bucs, C2, MBI, and Cabs all regularly trade medalist positions; and then:

2020-2022 -- the above four be joined by Fusion and CV, so that the top six are constantly shifting; and then:

2023-2025 -- any of eight corps (by then including Sabers and Sun) have a shot of winning every year, and there's no huge shame in being eighth because it's quite possible to jump seven spots in a year; and then:

2026-2028 -- it's rare to see a Finalist score below 88, because all the corps are so regularly excellent.

And all of this, arguably, would be founded in the Buccaneers having set such a high and consistent standard since 2005.

(Itself perhaps based on the example of the Brigadiers having won four years in a row and with eight consecutive years never below second just prior to the Bucs' dominant streak?)

. Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

Congratulations indeed! From inception to championship, this is even faster than Star of Indiana, isn't it?

Also, has anyone else observed that both the DCI champion and the DCA champion played "Heat of the Day"?

When was the last time that the first place junior and all-age corps both performed the same song in the same year?

1938. LOL

Man... I can't even think past next week!!! :tongue:

• Like 2